• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

CApe parrot question

Gimby

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Katie Denski
It's been quite awhile since Ive been on, however, I am back with a few questions about a Cape Parrot. First and foremost hello to every one. Hope you are all well. My friend has a 3yr old Cape parrot. She was his buddy and now she is attacking him. She is 3yrs old he's had her all 3yrs. Capes sexually mature between 3-5yrs old I think. Next to add to scenario he has recently brought in a gf and her huge Great Dane both of which the bird is not used to. The bird is used to seeing women in general and used to his family dogs that'd come over from time to time with his family. As far as living situtation mainly it was him and the bird. I am thinking this may be a case of jealousy. What does every body think?? Im going to work with her Monday. I want him to be able to keep his bird. If it doesn't work out I believe Ill be taking her. but that is besides the point right now. First, I want to see if I cannot work out a truce between those two lol. Cape is female BTW.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew