• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cape Parrot Is Fighting For Survival

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
That was very interesting.

Hjarta5

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
So many people and animals displaced by our consumption of land and resources :sorrow:

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
"An often-fatal virus called psittacine beak and feather disease has also taken a toll. The virus’s origins are debated, but research suggests wild parrots may have caught it from captive birds kept in aviaries. "

The article states this about B&F disease (and of course blames it immediately on humans). I've read several articles about the fate of the Cape Parrots and the Beak and Feather disease is rampant, just like among the wild cockatoos in Australia, never have I seen deforestation as a cause of their decline, before good old Natioal Geographic.

Sylvester

Hit the Road
"An often-fatal virus called psittacine beak and feather disease has also taken a toll. The virus’s origins are debated, but research suggests wild parrots may have caught it from captive birds kept in aviaries. "

The article states this about B&F disease (and of course blames it immediately on humans). I've read several articles about the fate of the Cape Parrots and the Beak and Feather disease is rampant, just like among the wild cockatoos in Australia, never have I seen deforestation as a cause of their decline, before good old Natioal Geographic.

Oh you can bet we are behind the endangerment of all animals.

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
My father did say there were less birds in Australia. We just thought they left because of the drought.

No problem with the corellas that are a block away from my moms house. There are so many that the tree looks likes its covered in snow.