1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cape Parrot Is Fighting For Survival

Discussion in 'Bird Watchers Road' started by Lady Jane, 5/12/18.

1. Lady Jane

Lady Jane Joyriding the Neighborhood Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Dianne
  2. expressmailtome

expressmailtome Ripping up the road Administrator Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Matthew
    That was very interesting.

Lady Jane likes this.
  3. Hjarta5

Hjarta5 Rollerblading along the road Celebirdy of the Month

Jennifer
    So many people and animals displaced by our consumption of land and resources :sorrow:

Lady Jane likes this.
  4. Hankmacaw

Hankmacaw Biking along the boulevard Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Mary Lynn Skinner
    "An often-fatal virus called psittacine beak and feather disease has also taken a toll. The virus’s origins are debated, but research suggests wild parrots may have caught it from captive birds kept in aviaries. "

The article states this about B&F disease (and of course blames it immediately on humans). I've read several articles about the fate of the Cape Parrots and the Beak and Feather disease is rampant, just like among the wild cockatoos in Australia, never have I seen deforestation as a cause of their decline, before good old Natioal Geographic.

Lady Jane likes this.
  5. Sylvester

Sylvester Jogging around the block

The list of endangered animals is growing and that should alarm all of us.

Lady Jane likes this.
  6. Sylvester

Sylvester Jogging around the block

Oh you can bet we are behind the endangerment of all animals.

7. camelotshadow

camelotshadow Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Avenue Veteran

My father did say there were less birds in Australia. We just thought they left because of the drought.

No problem with the corellas that are a block away from my moms house. There are so many that the tree looks likes its covered in snow.

Sylvester likes this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)