• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Canary with Ataxia

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
@Milo is being pretty laid back in her advice, but this hemorrhage or liver bleed is a problem. Please speak to the vet as she suggests. I'm begging.

PinkyB

Moving in
@Milo @finchly

Thank you for your kind reply. I'll be seeing the vet on Friday. Hope everything will be okay.

Since I noticed about the suspected constipation, I've been feeding water to Ball-ball using q-tip, to make sure he drinks more water. So far the constipation seems to have stopped and the abdomen doesn't seem to have puffed up like the other day. He is still eating as much as usual, and his poops look normal - clear urine, white urates, solid tubular feces, no blood.

Again, hoping the vet can confirm Ball-ball is healthy by Friday.:heart:

Harleyandme

Sprinting down the street
First of all, Welcome! :hello1:

I am sorry about Ball-Ball. He is a very cute canary. I had a beautiful yellow and black roller canary (who sang and sang) once. He had wonky toes, so he couldn't stand properly or sit normally on a perch, he was quite friendly. This is a sad story, however, because I took him in from a breeder who gave him to me for free and within two weeks of him coming home to me, I came home after a long day and my parents told me they found him dead.
It had nothing to do with his toes because he was born like that and it was just a little problem he learnt to overcome. He sat on a raised box most of the time and sometimes on a thick rope perch, but I think it was a bit hard for him. Maybe a rope perch would be good for Ball-ball? Or one of those hammock things?