• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Canary perching?

IsaDa18

Strolling the yard
I wasn't sure if a canary would go better here or in the finches section.

I was wondering if there are any problems with letting one bird get the highest perches? They don't fight, he just chased her off of the perches if she comes in them (only territorial noises and wing flaps.)

Anneka

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Canary belongs to a finch family, so most likely your post will be moved there by our moderators.

I'd give them at least two highest perches. Our pet birds "suffer"enough living in cages, so try to make their cage the way they like it :)
And since he chases her away from the highest perch, that is a good enough reason to install several high perches (maybe even on the same height)
Also, play with the arrangement of those perches - place them closer to each other or farther apart, in different parts of their cage, etc.

Last edited:

IsaDa18

Strolling the yard
Canary belongs to a finch family, so most likely your post will be moved there by our moderators.

I'd give them at least two highest perches. Our pet birds "suffer"enough living in cages, so try to make their cage the way they like it :)
And since he chases her away from the highest perch, that is a good enough reason to install several high perches (maybe even on the same height)
Also, play with the arrangement of those perches - place them closer to each other or farther apart, in different parts of their cage, etc.
Picked her up some nice perches of her own today. :D