• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Can you guess my lovies age? Help

Abtin

Moving in
Real Name
Abtin
E4B6C1F8-7CD1-4FE9-B045-8DE35DE4FB67.jpeg 81829E29-51D5-4CB9-ADC9-526B81D0D066.jpeg Hello everyone,
Very glad to find a place where I can get the proper help needed. I recently purchase my Yellow Collared lovie from a bird shop at San Jose and yes I know it is always best to adopt than buy but unfortunately there weren’t many available near me. Going back to purchasing from store at San Jose, the gentleman that I purchased this lovebird from had over 50 lovebirds in different colors but suggested the Yellow collared lastly. He said these black maskeds personalities are kinda tougher to tame. He also mentioned that these beauties are about 5-6 months old but because me and my girlfriend just had this really loved the Yellow collareds, we decided to “take our chances” and do whatever it takes to tame the bird. Now I know it is a lot easier to tame these guys from very young age, basically as soon as possible but out of all the yellow collareds we met there, Nina was the only one that was the calmest and didn’t really even attempt to bite him. So I have my hope up for tamping this beauty to a point where I have her 100% trust and love but as far as age of my Nina, I’ve also heard it’s very hard to tell after three months since their beak is the best way to tell their age and it matures around 3 months if I’m correct but I was wondering if there’s anyone out here experienced enough by telling how old Nina could be possibly?

Attachments

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Even a vet can only make a guess. There isn't really a way to know

Abtin

Moving in
Real Name
Abtin
I am only seeking for your guess

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Once they lose baby features, they can be any age from 6 months to 10 years.