• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Can weather negatively affect behavior?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Wasabi was behaving more aggressively this morning than I have ever seen him. Currently the state is under a hurricane warning, so I wonder if it is the weather that's making him all psycho-like.

He lunged at me when I offered him a seed ball through the bars of the cage. I kinda saw that one coming. Wasabi attacked a toy at the corner of the cage where I put the specifically that toy to shield me should he get any big ideas about trying to bite me if he could reach. He was downright vicious to that toy. Poor toy.

Shade

Crazy for Pois!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natacha
I actually think so.
I've noticed quite a few times that my guys are more "work" when the weather is particularly bad...

Chicobo

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Erin
I agree, both CC and Popcorn get crabbier and quieter when the pressure drops before a storm. I think they know.

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yes Terri even Hiram was acting more strange this morning.I think they sense things way better than we do.

bubblelady

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Maureen
I know weather can affect the behavior of children so why not feathered children? I had a teacher in high school--long before modern weather forcasting on TV or computers--who was alway 100% accurate predicting rain by the noise level of the elementary school kids on the playground the day before!

Bridgette

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bridgette
The day of the earthquake, Kiwi was super nippy. Today, he is really hyper - I believe he is sensing all the rain. I think they can feel the change of the weather.

Sunnyside

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Janice
I know mine are acting different and they did this before the earthquake. I just got done moving them all to my brother's house and not a peep the whole time. Very strange for my guys!

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yes Terri even Hiram was acting more strange this morning.I think they sense things way better than we do.
Wow! Even Hiram?! :heart: IA that an animal or bird's senses are more acute than ours.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:) I think so. Mine seem to really turn to me for reassurance during those times. This is when I crank up the music, blast the air purifiers and make sure the windows are shut tight.:)

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy
It is the change in barometric pressure that influences changes. It has impact on all animals and not just birds. People are affected. Those with chronic illness start showing up at hospitals 2 and 3 days after the change. Yep, we can get a might cranky as well.

Bridgette

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bridgette
Kiwi's behavior today has brought me back to this thread.

Hurricane Irene is supposed to effect us later tonight into tomorrow. Kiwi is being VERY clingy. Usually he will eat, cuddle, and then play on his own. Today, he wouldn't even eat unless I held the bowl. He spent all morning on my shoulder and head. He is very quiet and observant. He won't play. He seems like he is waiting for something.

Status
Not open for further replies.