1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Can we please have a BLOCK feature?

Discussion in 'Service Road' started by Feather, 2/7/19.

1. JLcribber

JLcribber Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Shutterbugs' Best

John

There you have it.

faislaq, lexalayne and Clueless like this.
  2. saroj12

saroj12 Ripping up the road Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

saroj
    I missed this Muhammad drama completely!

CrowCall and faislaq like this.
  3. d_msparkles

d_msparkles Rollerblading along the road

@Macawnutz @Peachfaced @expressmailtome thank you for all you do!! It is always hinky to me when someone surfaces with a similar speech pattern and similar problems, but I am happy to hear the site abusers don’t make it through your vigilant eyes! :heart:

Rain Bow, faislaq, SandraK and 3 others like this.
  4. hrafn

hrafn Rollerblading along the road Avenue Spotlight Award

It was not a fun time, lol. A whole lotta baiting just to watch some bird lovers get angry. Stupid crap like "if a bird isn't friendly what's the point of it" and "if my bird wasn't tame I'd have it euthanized".

Rain Bow, faislaq and saroj12 like this.
  5. saroj12

saroj12 Ripping up the road Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

saroj
    yikes! Glad i missed it and didn't get my buttons pushed like this current little lady did!!

faislaq likes this.
  6. Sylvester

Sylvester Rollerblading along the road

Why in the world does a Parrot Forum even need a 'block feature'? Its not like we are talking politics, abortion, capital punishment, inequality,... or any other hot button topic on this site.

If you just can't handle for one more minute of how somebody cares for their bird, then hit the ignore button. Problem solved.

Last edited: 2/9/19
    Rain Bow, faislaq, aooratrix and 2 others like this.
  7. Zara

Zara Jogging around the block I Can't Stop Posting!

Zara
    I see what you are saying here. None of us enjoyed seeing the recent messages.

But if you can´t see what the person you block is posting, I feel like they could be selling bad information to a new bird owner asking for advice. At least if you can see it, you can comment on the thread, correct it and advise said person. (I hope that makes sense)

I agree with the bit about blocked members not seing threads you create.

Sorry @Ripshod I just saw this thread now.

Rain Bow, faislaq and Ripshod like this.
  8. melissasparrots

melissasparrots Rollerblading along the road Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

I must have missed all this drama. Or, I just didn't take it seriously enough to remember. A block feature sounds nice, but turning off the computer and going for a long walk in the snowy woods tends to do wonders for my temperament. All of a suddenly childish online stuff becomes just completely unimportant.

Rain Bow, Hankmacaw, finchly and 6 others like this.
  9. Bokkapooh

Bokkapooh Ripping up the road Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Mercedez
    Wow, you guys and gals are amazing!

faislaq, rocky'smom and Hankmacaw like this.
  10. Lady Jane

Lady Jane Joyriding the Neighborhood Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Dianne
    The ignore feature has always worked for me. My problem is using it too late. Bad person can give very bad advice to others like Bonkers did.

Nice the forum will be updated.

11. Mizzely

Mizzely Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Vendor BINGO CHAMPION

Shawna
    I get notifications if someone I have ignored quotes me. That's the only time it doesn't feel sufficient.

Rain Bow and faislaq like this.
  12. aooratrix

aooratrix Macawaholic Super Moderator Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Matthew
    Ignore is sufficient.

13. Eloy

Eloy Cruising the avenue Celebirdy of the Month Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Shutterbugs' Best

J.T
    Please change your mind and come back! ♥ Next time PM me and I will deal with all Troll for you!
    Don't let stupid an evil people decide where you can be or not. Please! ♥

I did miss this. I got shocked when I found out about this, and don't really know what was posted.
    Try to laugh about it if you can't ignore it. It is always sad people with no descent life that are trolling.

14. Mizzely

Mizzely Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Vendor BINGO CHAMPION

Shawna

I agree for 95% of the time. But one member on here that I have on ignore will be gone for weeks and then go through all my posts and quote them to tell me how wrong and misguided I am. So ignore is not enough when it feels like harassment. I obviously get over it but that's a particular situation that I've encountered personally where block WOULD be better.

painesgrey, Rain Bow, Eloy and 4 others like this.
  15. aooratrix

aooratrix Macawaholic Super Moderator Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Matthew

I would suggest you report that person for moderation. Harassment would be addressed.

16. Rain Bow

Rain Bow Sprinting down the street

Rain
    Guys & Gals, I can tell you from previous group experience where I've owned & ran the site or just moderated. Block isn't gonna be better than ignore. Based on IP address which change & re-applying to the group & harassment. The only way to handle it is manually in the background. It's kind of a Pain for the mod's. Its amazing to me how fast the last round ended. There are some incredible mods here who are dedicated to keeping the group safe. The bone heads may come back in 6 mos. when everyone starts to feel safe again.

Block really will not fix that. The best way to take care of this IMHO. Is to stop typing, take a long walk or have a cup of tea. If you feed it, I guarantee it will get bigger & stronger. The faster you make a mental note to block them, the smaller they will get.

Sorry, I know noone asked for my 2¢, but here's the end of it. This is the BEST group w/ the BEST Mod's I have ever seen!!!!

We've all gotta help make their jobs easier! When in doubt don't post. When really mad & it's someone you don't know/trust. Don't post.

* Ok, I'm done whining *

:hug9:

P.S. I want a :heart: Love :heart: feature/button. There are posts I truly love & others I like... Wish we had a way to show it!

Last edited: 2/11/19
  17. Lady Jane

Lady Jane Joyriding the Neighborhood Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Dianne

Wise philosophy. You use the word block and I think you meant ignore, right?

18. Rain Bow

Rain Bow Sprinting down the street

Rain
    Nope, a mental "block". Just cause your eyes see it, doesn't make the troll so big you must respond. Better to block your fingers, & use the ignore function.

itzmered and aooratrix like this.
  19. painesgrey

painesgrey Rollerblading along the road

Rachel

I don't think that what they're doing is harassment per se (if I'm right in who @Mizzely is talking about), but rather someone that is so passionate about their misguided beliefs that they can't help but correct anyone that offers advice that doesn't coincide with them.

I think it's important to give people a voice. I think it's also important to stamp out blatant misinformation that can lead to poor choices by unwitting parrot owners that don't know any better. Unfortunately sometimes those two beliefs can't be reconciled - so what do you do? Allow everyone to have a voice, even to the detriment of proper advice? Or do you say "enough is enough" and, in the very least, give people a stern warning to stop touting their BS? *shrugs* Glad I'm not a moderator..

Mizzely likes this.
  20. Mizzely

Shawna

Yes exactly. It's not REALLY harassment and if I reported it as suggested, I would be told, "that's how they are." And I know that. But if I was allowed to block them so the two of us became invisible to the other that would be all right with me!

It would be awful to say someone can't have a voice just because I didn't agree with them. There are several people that I adore that sometimes I simply don't see eye to eye on an issue. That is how Iearn, how I grow, how I see the other side of an issue. I love it and would sorely miss it if it were gone and we all agreed on everything.

But when you get stuck having the same exact statement thrown at you every 6 weeks, when that person has no interest in anything you have to say except to use it as their own personal soapbox....that is no benefit to me.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)