• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Can we get Greater Vasa Parrot's as a Category on our Parrot Forums?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Vasalot

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Bryan Greenfarb
Seems we have a few Greater Vasa owners in the forum and many more curious forum friends. Rather then lump questions into other forums including the "Other" can we get Admin to make Greater Vasa Parrot or Vasa Parrot which could include Greater and Lesser Vasa Owners.

Looking forward to a favorable response.

Respectfully,

Bryan

Tinta

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
It does feel pretty lonely in the "other" section.

But there may be too few vasa owners for a whole new section to be warranted.
There are only four people I can think of on the forum with vasas. (only one lesser)

There was a thread somewhere around here joking about making a section for vasas, just to house Kimba's Eve, though. :p
So it could happen.

If it doesn't try not to be too disappointed, okay?

Sir Vasalot

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Bryan Greenfarb
No disappointment at all. This forum is great and serves the Aviary population. Having a specific category would be great but does not change the fact we all want to learn, share, and be the best FID family in the World. We are an older couple and only hope to grow in bird ownership so the more we can learn - the better we can be as parents to our future bird family members. Thanks for the encouragement either way.......Bryan

Tinta

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
I'm sure someone will be along to answer you soon.
I'm just another member. :p

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
just keeping posting whereever you have to so we can see all your fabulous pictures!!!!!!

Sir Vasalot

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Bryan Greenfarb
Thanks. My wife and I love your Signature and bird family? Any specific pic or question we can answer for you?

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy
Are your vasa's flighted? Yesterday petoskey flew back to his room. He flew down the short hall, hovered at the doorway then turned and flew into the room. He is the only bird : have had that did this

Sir Vasalot

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Bryan Greenfarb
Yes. All my FIDs are flighted. The Vasa's have a full library to fly around in and boy they take advantage of it. That was a condition we had with the owner that they would have space to move around. They are quite fast and agile. On another note, I have a Sun Conure that can fly like a hawk and all my lovies can elude me for hours in their aviary (my master bedroom with vaulted ceiling). Thanks for the post.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Are your vasas siblings?

I LOVE your vasas! If I didn't have cockatoos I would have a house of vasas I think!:D

Sir Vasalot

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Bryan Greenfarb
No. Moses was a pet and is 6. Eva was a breeder and is 9. We actually want them both as pets and are in the process of acquiring two breeders - just have to determine a shipping date and get their cage/aviary set-up/built.

Status
Not open for further replies.