• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Can my cockatiel get Stomach Flu from me ?

Alireza

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Alireza
Hi
One of my cousins had Influenza and after that all of my family got it. Now they’re fine but I have the signs of Stomach Flu. ( Doctor said it’s a Digestive virus )
My bird was on me all day ... Should I be worried ? What are the signs when a bird gets Flu ?

Also my bird’s right nostril is 50% full and I think my bird’s eyes are a little bigger than before.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Anything viral typically cannot be passed on to you bird. Anything bacterial there is a risk your bird could get it.

Alireza

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Alireza
Anything viral typically cannot be passed on to you bird. Anything bacterial there is a risk your bird could get it.
Thanks. How should I know that my bird is okay ?

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Thanks. How should I know that my bird is okay ?
Your bird is not going to catch the Flu. Wash your hands. Wash your hands. Wash your hands.

enigma731

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Stomach viruses are not airborne anyway, so as long as you're washing your hands very well and making sure nobody else comes into contact with your saliva, nobody else should catch it from you.