• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Can I see pictures of your pak o bird?

CrazyBirdChick

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
It's been on my wishlist for so long and I really want one in the next few months. I'm most likely thinking I should get a medium but not sure if I should get a small instead (for a quaker)?

Just wondering if anyone has any pictures of how their bird looks inside, or even better, how big the pak o bird looks on your back? It would be nice to get a real feel for how the big the small and medium actually is.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Bump.

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane

ode.to.parrots

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Cary
I think this thread is a good idea. I'd love to get a pak-o-bird when I am able to save up for one! :)

Laylatoo

Jogging around the block
Mayor of the Avenue
It may be mainly for a reason that wouldn’t matter to anyone else. Lol. I prefer to carry them by the handle because I have more than one carrier in use most of the time. The POB handle is basically unusable because the entire carrier tips forward due to how far back the handle is. The go-go’s handle is placed in the center making carrying it much much easier. I also like all the mesh on the go-go’s, lots of air and light. It’s smaller and less cumbersome. I find the go-gos to be the perfect carrier for short trips. I suppose if I needed something for a long trip I may (or may not) choose the POB.

How come? Do I need one now :chin::lol:

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
I can try to get my daughter to take a pic of me wearing mine tomorrow with bird inside it
That would be super helpful! I'm mostly thinking I will go with a medium rather than a small after seeing Pilo in his medium. I just don't want it to be too gigantic on my back.

Here is our medium POB View attachment 270767

And our medium Birdie Go-gos. I prefer the go-gos.
View attachment 270768
Your birds are so gorgeous! Thank you so much for your pics! The medium even look roomy for much bigger birds than Quakers. I am curious why you like the gogos better too!

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
It may be mainly for a reason that wouldn’t matter to anyone else. Lol. I prefer to carry them by the handle because I have more than one carrier in use most of the time. The POB handle is basically unusable because the entire carrier tips forward due to how far back the handle is. The go-go’s handle is placed in the center making carrying it much much easier. I also like all the mesh on the go-go’s, lots of air and light. It’s smaller and less cumbersome. I find the go-gos to be the perfect carrier for short trips. I suppose if I needed something for a long trip I may (or may not) choose the POB.
Very good to know! Thank you so much!

Would you say either one is more sturdy? Is either one kind if not firm at the top at all? I've seen some pics of the pak o bird that look like they don't stay firm. I'm not sure if I'm explaining that right, or if it's just a figment of my imagination from the way it looks sometimes. Kind of collapsed, I mean.

tattoosiva

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
It's been on my wishlist for so long and I really want one in the next few months. I'm most likely thinking I should get a medium but not sure if I should get a small instead (for a quaker)?

Just wondering if anyone has any pictures of how their bird looks inside, or even better, how big the pak o bird looks on your back? It would be nice to get a real feel for how the big the small and medium actually is.
I think I have owned all sizes except the small go go paks and have only tested it.

My guys all hate riding on my back, so no pics of that but I'll dig up some older pics of them in a few sizes.

if you do intend to use it backpack style and go for walks I highly recommend the
go go. it's less then 3 pounds and the bird can see everything at all angles. I just had a prototype but the quality was just as good as the regular POB and automatically comes with SS mesh.

For short trips, walks, vet visits a single quaker would have plenty of room in a small or even XS.

the regular medium would be perfect for longer trips, vacatons and a sleep pak. I just got the small airline travel pack and love it.
plenty of space for 4 cheeks, holes for up to 6 perches plus a larger one for water bottles. it also has zippers pockets on both sides to store small extras, I'm using one side to store first aid supplies.

it also offers total privacy for birds as all three mesh openings have a flap to cover them.

check back in a few days as I thing I have pics of them in a xs, small, double medium and the large.

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
I think I have owned all sizes except the small go go paks and have only tested it.

My guys all hate riding on my back, so no pics of that but I'll dig up some older pics of them in a few sizes.

if you do intend to use it backpack style and go for walks I highly recommend the
go go. it's less then 3 pounds and the bird can see everything at all angles. I just had a prototype but the quality was just as good as the regular POB and automatically comes with SS mesh.

For short trips, walks, vet visits a single quaker would have plenty of room in a small or even XS.

the regular medium would be perfect for longer trips, vacatons and a sleep pak. I just got the small airline travel pack and love it.
plenty of space for 4 cheeks, holes for up to 6 perches plus a larger one for water bottles. it also has zippers pockets on both sides to store small extras, I'm using one side to store first aid supplies.

it also offers total privacy for birds as all three mesh openings have a flap to cover them.

check back in a few days as I thing I have pics of them in a xs, small, double medium and the large.
Lol, you have quite a collection! That's awesome! I would love to see some more pics, if it's not too much trouble. I bet my guy won't like being on my back either. He likes my shoulder the best, of course. I don't really want to buy the shoulder pack thingie they make though. Now you guys got me wanting a go go more! Plus they're cheaper, I think.

Laylatoo

Jogging around the block
Mayor of the Avenue
Both are high quality and well made. I don’t have any slacking with my three at all. They have maintained their shape well. I store them by hanging them on hooks on a wall.

Very good to know! Thank you so much!

Would you say either one is more sturdy? Is either one kind if not firm at the top at all? I've seen some pics of the pak o bird that look like they don't stay firm. I'm not sure if I'm explaining that right, or if it's just a figment of my imagination from the way it looks sometimes. Kind of collapsed, I mean.

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
Both are high quality and well made. I don’t have any slacking with my three at all. They have maintained their shape well. I store them by hanging them on hooks on a wall.
That's good, thank you! I was just looking at the go go and the only thing I don't like is that I don't think I could have it custom made to be black in color. I was going to get the pob in black. Hmmm...

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
The go-go can be made in Black. I believe the options for POB is only green and yellow. The GO-go has all sorts of colors you can order.
Huh, I will have to look again ca use I couldn't find an all black go go. For a custom made pob it's $70 or $80 more, for any color you like.