• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Can I give my bird household objects

Biz

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Poo
Do u guys just chuck in cereal boxes and stuff for your birds to play with or is ur dangerous

I want to give them cereal boxes but it looks quite shiny maybe some sort of plastic covered

what household things can I give my burd

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
I often throw empty Salada boxes and Rice bubble boxes on top of Burts cage for him to rip up. You will need to double check the boxes yourself and work out what is good/safe and what is not- I do not use any freezer boxes as they do have plastic coating on them, every now and then my birds get given a full loo roll to shred (I do not buy scented nor printed paper), some boxes from parcels I will also give them to chew. Pen lids and marbles used to be a favorite of some of my past budgies, Burt loves clean empty drink bottles and plastic cups, SS utensils like serving spoons and even normal size spoons. You will need to judge each and every item you want to use and supervise to make sure your bird interacts with it the way you want them to but you will find many things that are suitable.

Not sure what kind of bird you are asking for but there are many things found at home suitable for many pet birds.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Burt loves clean empty drink bottles
For smaller birds, clean the lids and drill holes in and string them together for a no/low cost toy. I make these often for other peoples birds. In the past I have made foraging toys using two lids facing each other threaded on hemp string and put treats inside.
Birds that use their feet might like to have a cap for a foot toy, but like Shez said above, monitor to be sure the item is safe for your bird (they aren't ingesting it, breaking it creating sharp edges etc)