• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Came across a military macaw needing a home

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Hi ya folks...came across a Military Macaw named kiwi that needs a home. Is 16 years young, and a sweety. she's a bit sad, owners have given her up. Reasons unknown. $1200...plumage is very nice, well taken care of bird. I know I didn't get a pic...didn't plan on pictures as I was just popping in for quick supplies, and seen this newby!
So anyone in market for a military?
Also found new home for a very sweet cockatiel named paco. New owners say he's such a great bird, and previous owners didn't let him out much. Now he spends most of his time out and is incredibly happy bird now!
I just love happy endings with rescues! He didn't take long at all to get new home.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Aw, poor Kiwi! Thanks for helping him to find a good home. That’s wonderful about that sweet little cockatiel. What a happy bird he must be now!:heart:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Maybe you could post in Rehome Highway | Avian Avenue Parrot Forum
Good luck finding Kiwi a home ❤

Ohhhh yea! Forgotten about that forum! Thanks zara! Kiwi is a sweet macaw, a bit down, which is understandable. Sure is a striking resemblance of Lou, my military that past away at 69. So for me it's a special thing to get her the right home.
And yes it's very tempting for me to take her home. But wife says no, for now. Takes her a while to get over a bird. Sparky, (tag)she cried for weeks over when he pasted around Christmas.
Reese, her other bird died from Old age. And Billy jean ( sulphur crested)tore her apart. So, some people just can't fill that void with another bird. And I understand.

SherLar

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Sherri and Larry
NOOOOOOO MICHAEL..... You and everyone must find a home for the B&G we just bought a month back, and then I became terribly ill and need to rehome home him because of it. And before he bonds toy husband, since I am quarantined from all birds. I put him on the rehome listing. He is a rather quiet macaw. And comical. And actually well behaved.
sherri

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
NOOOOOOO MICHAEL..... You and everyone must find a home for the B&G we just bought a month back, and then I became terribly ill and need to rehome home him because of it. And before he bonds toy husband, since I am quarantined from all birds. I put him on the rehome listing. He is a rather quiet macaw. And comical. And actually well behaved.
sherri

I'll add him to the list sherri. Most I deal with is in state rescues, though rehoming out of state is always an option. I've had a person come from two states over for a cockatoo before.

SherLar

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Sherri and Larry
He is a very funny guy. Soft mouth. I appreciate any help we can get finding him a home. He follows the word "no" quite well. And I am sure my husband would help meet people who are in for a longer drive. I feel terrible, but this is the safety of my life. And my husband can only care responsibly for so many and he is already bonded to two parrots and has to help so much with me because of my limitations due to PAH, and now the BFL. Who in the world signs up for two rare and independent diseases?
sherri

BeanieofJustice

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
Military macaws are one of my favorite macaws as far as appearance, I hope Kiwi finds a soft place to land!

And I hope your new Blue & Gold finds a soft place to land too, Sherri.