• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Calling out all Michigan AA members, and anyone else interested. 100 rescued parrots !!!!

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
Bird and Beaks' highest adoption fee is $500.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I emailed and offered to make and donate birdie ponchos for all the pluckers in the group.
You´re so kind Tricia ❤

I´m happy to hear that some of these birds are already on the way or in their new homes :)

EkkieLu

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
You´re so kind Tricia ❤

I´m happy to hear that some of these birds are already on the way or in their new homes :)
Me too! What a relief!

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
@EkkieLu Shannon is in GR right now with Nancee, they just posted a picture of the Grey they've nick named Dante. He loves men @Hawk12237 !
Oooo...I had my eye on him too! They adopt him out already!!!! I also have my eye on the baby macaw....but not sure she's giving that one up. I wouldn't blame her!

TikkiTembo

Real Name
Chelsea
@Hawk12237 I don't think the grey is adopted yet!

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Yeay....cool!
Going this morning to look at a baby macaw 6-7 month old that owners surrendered already.
Apparently bit their child of 4....and weren't having it anymore. ( I just don't get people's logic in not thinking things through before taking on a bird)..... So...off I go! Will post pics later.

TikkiTembo

Real Name
Chelsea
@Hawk12237 So you got a hold of someone?! I'm still waiting on my call which was supposed to happen Friday night!

TikkiTembo

Real Name
Chelsea
Also, as a parent of young kids, I CANNOT imagine the logic of owning a bird that is capable of severing a finger. My almost three year old is so tiny that a macaw could easily get to bones in her arm. She's not even allowed to touch Tootie, only allowed to give him sunflower seeds under supervision. You've got to wonder about some people!!

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Going this morning to look at a baby macaw 6-7 month old that owners surrendered already.
Apparently bit their child of 4....and weren't having it anymore. ( I just don't get people's logic in not thinking things through before taking on a bird)..... So...off I go! Will post pics later.
Good luck Michael!!! Post pics!!!

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Wow... this is exciting! Good luck!

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Wow... this is exciting! Good luck!
Well that didn't go well!! Got over there and no one home.
Sooooooo, my wife and I shot over to Oasis

Good luck Michael!!! Post pics!!!
Well that didn't go as planned....got there and more on door said sorry family emergency
Well that didn't go as planned.. Got there and note on door said sorry, family emergency, contact you later. Sigh....oh well.
Soooooo ....my wife and I shot over to Saginaw to ocean odyssey pet store. They usually have parrots there.
I took camera in and immediately the owner became defensive. I ask where the parrots were.
He said we don't sell parrots. I looked up on the loft above and there was 6 cockatoos, a couple greys, and a macaw. I said really??? What are those...there not ours he said.
Note: if anyone remembers, the last big hoarding case was these birds!!! They are still there in loft! Some lady took some of them, had no where to keep them, so rented the space in loft of this pet store. There's about 13 parrots total. No one is allowed to go up stairs.
Strange!!! These poor birds are not being adopted out...they go from one bad situation to this store where this lady is keeping them. They get no out time. She spends an hour to 2 hours at store daily to feed and clean and that's it. What kind of life is that.???
The cocky store owner that said they don't sell parrots had 6 cockatiel for sale on the ground floor, so those aren't parrots??. They have parakeets too, are they not parrots? Something stinks here to high he11.
Reason he was cocky and not liking the fact I had a camera was because the store was or previous owner, was accused of running a puppy mill out of store.
They have a terrible reputation. Read reviews! They won't give name or phone number to person that has those parrots...
Though she rescues parrots....more like hoards them to me.!!!!!!!

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Oh dear, what a mess @Hawk12237
Yea... I told my wife...... those parrots from last boarding case....those are those parrots right there!!!! In the loft! a year year and a half!?!?The lady/ so called rescuer, Didn't have any room at her house for birds.
Makes me wonder just how many more does she have???? She can't give these ones any one on one time. And no extra room?? Fishy!
I'm fixing to report this.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
The lady/ so called rescuer, Didn't have any room at her house for birds.
If she had no room in her home, she should not have taken those birds from the rescue! Completely unfair to the bird to take away their chance to be in a loving home.
Good luck reporting this, I hope something can be done!❤

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Yea... I told my wife...... those parrots from last boarding case....those are those parrots right there!!!! In the loft! a year year and a half!?!?The lady/ so called rescuer, Didn't have any room at her house for birds.
Makes me wonder just how many more does she have???? She can't give these ones any one on one time. And no extra room?? Fishy!
I'm fixing to report this.

Anyone here in michigan wants to verify this and see for themselves, I'll give address to store.