• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Caique Sounds

MisfitHouse

Strolling the yard
Real Name
ToriB
So, we are new to caiques having just adopted our WBC. Curious, what are their normal sounds, noises, chirps? Our guy (or girl) seems to only have three. A long loud beep sound which sounds like the microwave. A high pitched smoke alarm type of sound, and a cute and barely audible donkey braying type of noise...

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

Sj25

Strolling the yard
Something that sounds like laughing, the microwave beep, a really loud other beep, a little scream that sounds like kids in a rollercoaster, fire alarm, the blender (yes...), whistles some short things and copies the cockatiel. Thats about it.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
You will probably hear more as he settles in.

Mine both talk quite a bit (I don't always understand), the fire alarm beep, a scream that will burst your eardrums.... Rio has just started this long sound that I think started as a canary trill.... the drrrrr like purring when they see something they like... a one-syllable whistle that has become their flock call to me.... the chink-chink-chink of the sewing machine (yes really! :banghead: ) , lots of varied soft sounds when they are talking to each other or themselves. Kissing sounds, probably others I've missed.

Some of their words/phrases

I'm Captain Jack
Rio Dio
Chirp-chirp (the words, part of a song we do)
Let's go see the birdiesssssss
outside
good bird
gentle
Cricket
breakfast
treat

MisfitHouse

Strolling the yard
Real Name
ToriB
SJ25, we have a grey that does the laser piew, piew, piew also.