• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

caique energy

Steff

Meeting neighbors
865A8D85-6B48-474F-97A2-A84EDB1C9A36.jpeg I was wondering about a aging caique and if as they get older if the energy level goes down?
Nancy runs at a level 10 in energy all day long she never naps and always on the go. I would appreciate if anyone had any information on this. Thanks
FYI Nancy is only 15 months still a baby so I know her energy level will run high.

EkkieLu

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
I don't know a thing about caiques but I just want to say that I think they are just about the cutest little guys ever! I have always wanted one. The hopping they do is just too adorable! I watch caique videos when my crew isn't looking!

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Ok so when I’m in my 80s she will still be running circles around me. :eeeek:
Exactly! See? And I think they run circles around me now. Whew.

Although I have to say. Yesterday I took them on the lanai with me, they have a big perch and I have covered the fire pit table with towels and toys beside it. Also brought out a bowl of frozen chop. I got in the pool and was able to exercise for nearly an hour while they played, climbed, and ate. Usually whatever I'm doing Rio is hanging onto me and putting her beak in the way. So that was a nice change.

Steff

Meeting neighbors
I think I have spoiled her if I’m not in the room she is calling for me. Even if she can see me she is calling for me. Whatever I’m doing she wants to be involved. Don’t get me wrong I love her but I think I’ve created a monster I hope she’s still young enough for a little bit of tough love. I’m trying not to go to her every time she screams at me but we will see I’m such a push over.

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
I think I have spoiled her if I’m not in the room she is calling for me. Even if she can see me she is calling for me. Whatever I’m doing she wants to be involved. Don’t get me wrong I love her but I think I’ve created a monster I hope she’s still young enough for a little bit of tough love. I’m trying not to go to her every time she screams at me but we will see I’m such a push over.
It is just like having a newborn baby! All they want is Mama!!! Lol

Dachshund King

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
My caique is full of energy, shes about 10 months old. She taught herself football the other day which I find hilarious!! Her name is cookie :)

Irishj9

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
JP
Mine have slowed down a bit as they reach 8 years old now.

Num Nums gets out of her cage in the morning and does a half dozen swooping laps round the house like a fighter jet

Her 8 year old parents do not.

They are, however, just as destructive.

Last edited:

Leanna

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Leanna B
Caiques are notorious for their energy. I was convinced Milo had to be depressed or something with how mellow he is and my vet point blank said anything is mellow compared to a caique. Kate is actually a lot calmer now than she was, but it's hard to say if that's personality or age.