1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cage

Discussion in 'Poicephalus Place' started by joshuas.0718, 5/15/17.

1. joshuas.0718

joshuas.0718 Sitting on the front steps

Joshua Saarela
    Hi, I was just wondering what cages you use, for a Meyer's, or for a bird around that size. Looking for something under $200 that will be comfortable.

2. iamwhoiam

iamwhoiam Cruising the avenue Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

I would recommend an Avian Adventures Chiquita but it's not under $200 unless you can find a really good sale.
    You could also consider an A&E 32X23 play top but, again, not less than $200.
    There are flight cages that are cheaper but I don't use those with any of my Pois.

3. WendyN

WendyN Rollerblading along the road Celebirdy of the Month I Can't Stop Posting!

Wendy
    These cages are worth saving up for.

iamwhoiam likes this.
  4. joshuas.0718

Joshua Saarela
    Ok thank you for the reply, I think I will widen my budget so I can get a nice, comfortable cage for my poi.

Thanks again!

J.H.S.

WendyN likes this.
  5. WendyN

WendyN Rollerblading along the road Celebirdy of the Month I Can't Stop Posting!

Wendy
    I have made mistakes in buying mid-size cages due to cheaper costs. But kept upgrading.
    In retrospect, I should have waited and saved up for nice cage, large enough to give Joey extra space to grow into.

6. joshuas.0718

Joshua Saarela
  7. WendyN

Wendy
    i like the play top style cage. They go on sale from time to time as I realize it is a lot more to spend.
    If your bird will be in the cage all day, I sincerely recommend no smaller than this one, one size up even better....
    Playtop Bird Cages - 24 in x 22 in x 62 in

janicedyh likes this.
  8. iamwhoiam

iamwhoiam Cruising the avenue Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

WendyN likes this.
  9. iamwhoiam

10. joshuas.0718

Joshua Saarela
    I am planning on getting a Meyer's after doing extensive research into all types of birds. Did none of the cages I put seem to be appropriate for a Meyer's?

11. MnGuy

MnGuy Meeting neighbors

The 32-inch long one should be good. I wouldn't go any smaller. Larger is always better if you have the space and money. I kept my Meyer's in an HQ cage that was 32 X 23 X 65.

Good luck!

12. joshuas.0718

Joshua Saarela
    Thanks!

13. Nikomania

Nikomania Rollerblading along the road

I'm recommending that you get the largest cage possible for your Meyers. My Meyers is an extremely active bird and uses every square inch of her cage. She even hover flies in the middle of the cage.

WendyN likes this.
  14. joshuas.0718

Joshua Saarela

Were those dimensions you gave of just the cage, or the whole thing including the stand?

15. MnGuy

MnGuy Meeting neighbors

I think the inside height was 41" and the whole thing with the stand was 65."

16. joshuas.0718

Joshua Saarela
  17. joshuas.0718

Joshua Saarela
  18. iamwhoiam

Yes. I've never purchased from that vendor but I would stick with one of the known manufacturers such as A&E, Avian Adventures, etc. JMHO.
    As for your other post: the first one...bar spacing too small, bar gauge too small. The last two....again, would avoid those, for the same reason I wrote above.
    Watch for cage sales, purchase from a known and reputable vendor, put money aside for better quality cage. Avoid cages with tops that open. I have two of those BUT the tops are always locked.

Maybe someone here who has purchased one of those can give you some information about the cages.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)