• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cage update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brittany0208

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So, I got Java's new cage setup yesterday, and things didn't go so well. Java watched me set it up and was curious about it but he was also stressed. He got spooked and flew into the wall where he scuffed up his cere a little, then he refused to eat for the rest of the day. Today, he's still barely touching his food. I had planned to move him in yesterday but after his minor episode, I decided I should wait. I've already started transferring some of his things to the new cage, and I am keeping the door open so he can explore but he's very nervous. I've put a few treats on a platform that's attached to the door and it took him about twenty minutes to get it, but then he went back to his other cage. How long should I wait before moving him in?

greys4u

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Just let him go at his own pace, he might think its a huge monster coming after him and the cage he has now is security plus new things are always terrifying. Is the cage where can see it

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Just let him go at his own pace, he might think its a huge monster coming after him and the cage he has now is security plus new things are always terrifying. Is the cage where can see it
Yes, it's next to his current one.

greys4u

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Okay, you stay away from it and let him look at it. Can you put it somewhere where he can look at it, change can be upsetting for them.. I will be facing the same thing when I put Valentines cage together

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Where it's at now is the only place I can put it until I take down the cage he's in

greys4u

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Hmmmmm, thats gonna be tricky, is there anyone that could take him for a bit so you could switch cages.

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hmmmmm, thats gonna be tricky, is there anyone that could take him for a bit so you could switch cages.
You mean remove him from the room and replace cages?

greys4u

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Not without getting chomped. If he even thinks I'm going to take him out of the cage, he goes in and clings to the bars and then grinds his beak into my finger. It's not all that painful but it's enough for my finger to be sore for a few days.

greys4u

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Be sure and put his old toys he has now in the new cage

greys4u

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Like I said before, just let him see it, who knows he might get curious enough for you to get him

Status
Not open for further replies.