• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cage set-up and advice for a soon-to-be one legged lovebird?

Garet

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Garet
Garet try ROSIE du Pinson au Ara ! Daniel is the owner his store is in Chateauguay he sells cages ,toys perches.His store is awesome.
Ooh, that's not far at all! I mean, it is still a bit of a drive, since I'm closer to the north side of the island than the south, but some of his prices look pretty reasonable. If I don't find something on sale at the store near me, he's definitely a contender! Thank you.

Garet

Real Name
Garet
:c awe. I found someone trying to rehome a lovebird with a disabled foot. It came with an extremely large cage already set-up for a birb with his disability, but the owner didn't know if it was male or female, and I didn't want to risk trying to introduce them and accidentally wind up breeding more hybrids if they get along.

Ah well, it wasn't meant to be.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Seems to always be another bird on the horizon for us addicted avian people. You never know that might have worked. One can always render the eggs infertile.

Garet

Real Name
Garet
Seems to always be another bird on the horizon for us addicted avian people. You never know that might have worked. One can always render the eggs infertile.
True, but there's always the issue of it being unhealthy for his potential cagemate and the fact that if it is a female, she could die from eggbinding. I love my girls, but I'd rather not have to have that worry hanging over my head as well. I want to to right by Geralt and any bird in my care, you know? I know if it's a boy, there's no guarantee that they'd even get along, but I'd rather put that money that I'd spend getting that bird into caring for what I have now.

Even if it is an adorable little lutino peeper.

Garet

Real Name
Garet
I've finally found him a cage! :cheer: It's 20x20x40 inches

The bar spacing is right, it has a lot of vertical bars, and it's coming just in the nick of time! The person I'm buying from cleaned it off with animal-safe non-toxic stuff and everything!

it's gonna be an hour-long trip one way to get it, but this is perfect for him! I can set up platforms on one side and leave the other side a little more open for him to fly around! It looks like it's going to be a pain to clean, but he's a pain in the butt anyways so it suits him. xP Triss can get his old cage, too, since it's larger than hers! This is awesome!

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
That is wonderful. How is his leg? Any updates?

Garet

Real Name
Garet
That is wonderful. How is his leg? Any updates?
It's gone stiff again, unfortunately, and looks like it's started to detach a little. But, everything above it looks healthy. The place where it's likely going to drop off from is no longer an open wound, but covered in skin. I'm heading in for more baytril today and we're going to the vet on Tuesday, since the exotics vet isn't there this week and I can't find anyone to take me to the other side of the island to visit her at the other clinic.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Good that you were able to get a cage. Did you also disinfect it? Even though the person said they cleaned it up you may want to steam clean and disinfect it just to be sure.

Garet

Real Name
Garet
Good that you were able to get a cage. Did you also disinfect it? Even though the person said they cleaned it up you may want to steam clean and disinfect it just to be sure.
Yup, I did. We used organic apple cider and boiling hot water to give it a good hosing down. If there was anything left behind, I'm certain we got it.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I hope you mean apple cider vinegar. Not the cider you drink.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I post wrong many times. It is the fault of my hands. On advice here I got an app that types what you say. Now it is the fault of my pronunciation.

Garet

Real Name
Garet
I post wrong many times. It is the fault of my hands. On advice here I got an app that types what you say. Now it is the fault of my pronunciation.
I don't have that excuse, unfortunately. It was all my silly head being distracted.