• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cage Ideas?

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
Those wheels are pretty popular, even with smaller birds, so I think that's a good staple to have around. Does he like leather at all? I've seen several pouch-style toys that have holes in them. Leather Foraging Pocket Parrot Toy by Zoo Max Bird Toys from Things for Wings Canadian Bird Toy Super Store! or Parrot Pockets

Of course, you don't have to spend a lot of money on toys; get some you think he'll get lots of mileage out of, but definitely keep giving him homemade/diy foraging that he can tear to bits and find tasty treats in. My guys love being able to destroy toys.

yasha2802

Strolling the yard
Those wheels are pretty popular, even with smaller birds, so I think that's a good staple to have around. Does he like leather at all? I've seen several pouch-style toys that have holes in them. Leather Foraging Pocket Parrot Toy by Zoo Max Bird Toys from Things for Wings Canadian Bird Toy Super Store! or Parrot Pockets

Of course, you don't have to spend a lot of money on toys; get some you think he'll get lots of mileage out of, but definitely keep giving him homemade/diy foraging that he can tear to bits and find tasty treats in. My guys love being able to destroy toys.
I'm not sure what he'd think of leather. He's never had more then leather rope in any of his toys and he didn't seem to really mess with that leather rope.
Sadly a lot of foraging toys seem to have a higher price tag to them. The wheels being $25+ but at the same time there more reusable then the $8-15 ones you get for them to destroy so price is a little more justified I guess. I just used about $50 on toys for him and he's kill a good number of parts already.
I'm thinking of trying to make the blocks myself to kill the price a little. We cut some shapes out of a 2x4 and I got some dye stuff but then I got a little scared of using them so there still sitting in the shed. Does anyone know if this forum Food Coloring Wilton's UPATED DIRECTIONS | Avian Avenue Parrot Forum is still ok to follow? Wiltons still safe to use? I know places like to change how they make items and some times safe items go to being unsafe.

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
Wilton should be fine. You can also get Vitacritter VitaCritter if you find you go through a lot.

yasha2802

Strolling the yard
So I'm very happy my little boy used one of the perches I made for him just now. I saw him falling asleep on it and sadly woke him up/stopped him from falling to sleep by taken a picture.
He was so cute and it was the 1st time I can remember ever seeing him sleep on something other then his food bowl. By time I took the picture however he was giving me a little of a evil eye for bugging him.
You can also kind of see his cardboard floor he had fun ripping apart in the one pic. The pictures kind of make him look broken. lol
20180623_002906.jpg 20180623_003402.jpg

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
Who dares disturb my nap???

:hug8:

yasha2802

Strolling the yard
Who dares disturb my nap???

:hug8:
Yea he let me hear it. He woke up and started making alot of noise.
I was just very happy to see him sitting on one. A few days after adding them he started ripping apart one of them but didn't sit on them for even a sec till I took that pic.

My sis also got me a shelf for him to use. He still hasn't seemed to want to go by it. He normally takes a little time to warm up to stuff before he tries to kill it lol. There's more cardboard on the shelf so he doesn't have to sit on bars. I know the cardboard won't stay long tho. He will find it and he will kill it. :)

yasha2802

Strolling the yard
So I got my boys toy today.

20180711_170823.jpg

20180712_005314.jpg
All I can say is How'd you do that? That's not how that toy is supposed to work. lmao
I don't know how or when he did so but it took him less then 8 hours to do so.