• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cage for irn

Deemltn

Meeting neighbors
Hi guys.

If anyone could tell me the best cage to get for an irn.

He will be out most of the day but I would like him to have a nice size home for when I have to go out in the day.

Measurement and bar width would be great.

Thanks in advance

Calpurnia

Sprinting down the street
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Dom
I think it better if you tell us what kind of budget you have. Bigger is better, but maximum cage size varies a lot by price and quality.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I think it better if you tell us what kind of budget you have. Bigger is better, but maximum cage size varies a lot by price and quality.
Agreed.

Something to think about...you definitely want a "deep" (wide) cage for an IRN because of their beloved tail. ;) We had a huge flight cage for Titan, but he still would smack his tail into the bars from time to time.

Deemltn

Meeting neighbors
Money isn't really a problem as I feel that if the bird needs it then I will get it.

So if bigger the better is the key then can you tell me what the minimum and maximum bar width should be.

I've found a large cage with 1/2 inch spacing and also another one with spacing at 5/8th of an inch. Pretty much the same but would either of these be suitable?

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I've found a large cage with 1/2 inch spacing and also another one with spacing at 5/8th of an inch.
Either one would be fine. Titan's old cage had 1/2 inch spacing, and it served him well for 15 years...:)

Birdie Onions

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Tarryn
When buying a cage also rember to look if it's easy to clean.
There's nothing worse than having to try clean areas that are difficult to reach or you can't get inside to clean.
You also can't disinfect the area unless all debris is removed.

Archie's Mum

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Emma
When buying a cage also rember to look if it's easy to clean.
There's nothing worse than having to try clean areas that are difficult to reach or you can't get inside to clean.
You also can't disinfect the area unless all debris is removed.
I am using a Gerni to clean my cage once a week and wiping it down with a wet cloth in between. The high pressure washer gets right in there. Plus since it uses only water I figure it's bird safe.