• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cage for GCC or crimson bellied conure

Teri Ray

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Teri Whitaker
@Teri Ray - if that is posted by the seller listed to Fontana, or La Puente who go by many different names - absolutely DO NOT BUY from them. They are a Chinese company probably state sanctioned who get the cast-offs or irregular cage pieces form the various manufacturers in China. All of the parts will be bent, scratched, dented or missing. Nothing will fit together properly. It’s almost impossible to get them to get corrective parts to you and even harder to get them to accept a return. In the end I had to get eBay involved but since I documented everything from they get go they had to refund otherwise get sanctioned by eBay.
you were right it's them. Thanks for the heads up!

Kodigirl210

Rollerblading along the road
Np. I’ve never put a review on their account because they are very pervasive and I was afraid they would try to mess up my rating as a buyer. They operate under about 10-15 different names between eBay and Amazon. The only commonality to identify them is the location which is listed as Roland Heights, La Puente and Fontana, CA.

Teri Ray

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Teri Whitaker
Still looking at cages guys. Can you all tell me if gravity door tabs are an effective bird proof closure? I see a lot of spring loaded door latches which I'm sure is most effective at keeping feather butts in but I don't care for them. What are some good door latch types?

Kodigirl210

We have this A&E Cage for our turquoise GCC. There’s more than enough room in it for her especially since it’s only used if we are not at home. It has the 1/2-circle lock and the food doors have full covers with the tension locks and uses full sized bowls not those funky little cups you see on Yateech or unbranded cheap stuff.

A&E Cage 8002422 White Play Top Bird Cage with 5/8" Bar Spacing, 24" x 22" Amazon.com : A&E Cage 8002422 White Play Top Bird Cage with 5/8" Bar Spacing, 24" x 22" : Birdcages : Pet Supplies

IttyBittyBirds

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Laura
We have this A&E Cage for our turquoise GCC. There’s more than enough room in it for her especially since it’s only used if we are not at home. It has the 1/2-circle lock and the food doors have full covers with the tension locks and uses full sized bowls not those funky little cups you see on Yateech or unbranded cheap stuff.

A&E Cage 8002422 White Play Top Bird Cage with 5/8" Bar Spacing, 24" x 22" Amazon.com : A&E Cage 8002422 White Play Top Bird Cage with 5/8" Bar Spacing, 24" x 22" : Birdcages : Pet Supplies
That is the cage I got for my Black Capped Conure baby that I am picking up tomorrow! Hasn’t had a bird in it yet, but I love it so far. Quality cage and hardware/cups. The only thing I don’t like is the dowel perch...it wasn’t cut right and had a split, but I toss those anyways ;)

Teri Ray

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Teri Whitaker
We decided on this. I think it's sold by your con artists @Kodigirl210 but my husband is very handy and short of the bars being broken, I'm confident he can fix any of the other issues you mentioned. We're taking a chance because the latches and door placement on this cage look to be the most accessible to me. (wheelchair user)

Attachments

Kodigirl210

I hope it works out for you @Teri Ray. I would just advise you to take pics at every step from taking it off your porch, to opening the boxes to pulling the pieces out and trying to fit them together. The warp/bend that came in my cage was deep and such that if you tried to straighten it, it would snap from the thinning the bend caused. I’m hoping that it goes better for than it went for me, considering I was only 4h from their location. :(

Teri Ray

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Teri Whitaker
I hope it works out for you @Teri Ray. I would just advise you to take pics at every step from taking it off your porch, to opening the boxes to pulling the pieces out and trying to fit them together. The warp/bend that came in my cage was deep and such that if you tried to straighten it, it would snap from the thinning the bend caused. I’m hoping that it goes better for than it went for me, considering I was only 4h from their location. :(
thanks I will document everything. This is through Amazon instead of eBay and I'm a little more confident in them making things right. I looked for this cage by another seller and found some similar but the latch types were spring loaded and I don't have the hand strength. Ultimately we decided me being able to access and care fore the bird as independently as possible was worth the risk. I hope we're not wrong. :faint:

Teri Ray

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Teri Whitaker
It's a big cage! Our little bubs should have plenty of room to flap and stretch an I should be able to find a play top that will fit on top.

It's also almost all horizontal bars which is great for the birds climbing and easier to mount toys and perches too

Last edited:

Teri Ray

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Teri Whitaker
So are things safe for reptile cages like grapevine branches and coconut halves prepared in a way that would be bird safe too?

Kodigirl210

Unless it’s Prime - Amazon won’t actually step in. Third party sellers are the buyer’s responsibility and Amazon basically says buyer beware.

eBay would have actually given you the money back and then collected off the buyer since they have the buyer satisfaction guarantee.

Sorry, I would have warned had I known you planned on going through Amazon.

Teri Ray

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Teri Whitaker
Unless it’s Prime - Amazon won’t actually step in. Third party sellers are the buyer’s responsibility and Amazon basically says buyer beware.

eBay would have actually given you the money back and then collected off the buyer since they have the buyer satisfaction guarantee.

Sorry, I would have warned had I known you planned on going through Amazon.
I haven't bought it yet. I'll see if eBay had it

Teri Ray

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Teri Whitaker
Bought my cage yesterday. It's due to arrive Friday although I've been informed by the breeder it may be next spring till I get my crimson baby due to a wait list. :dead:

Teri Ray

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Teri Whitaker
@Kodigirl210 got my cage today. I ordered through eBay. Some of the items were slightly bent but nothing that my hubby couldn't straighten. Luckily nothing broken and no missing pieces. I'm pleased with the size for my money. They wire is a bit thin and unsafe for anything larger then a Sun as a large beak could snap the wire. Should be a palace for a little crimson though!