• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cage advice?

Amyann4

Moving in
Hi! I’m getting a black lory, but he is a baby so it’ll be a few months before he can come home. In this time I plan to set up my cage and everything so it is all perfect before he comes home. I was wondering if anyone has had success using plastic/acrylic to prevent poop from splattering on their walls/floor. I don’t mind cleaning up often, but I do want to try and minimize some of the mess on the floors and walls if possible. Do you feel like the plastic works? Do you clean the plastic off daily?

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen

WallyLoopey

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kate
Hi there!

I use clear shower liners from the Dollar Tree. My entire wall behind the cage (it extends far beyond cage length) is covered with several mural shower curtains (rainforest image). I got these off Amazon for around 10-13$.

I use the clear shower curtains right against the back of the cage and just rip those off and throw away after 2-3 days. I can just wipe down my mural curtain walls with a wet cloth. I like to use hot water and vinegar.

My floors in front of the cage are covered with cheap rugs. I look for absorbant looking ones. Every 2-3 days I take all the rugs and toss into the washer. Keep extras so you always have a set.

For the cage bottom I use puppy pads that I buy in bulk from Sams Club. I like how they absorb the poop where paper just keeps the liquid on top and looks nastier.

They are messy but very entertaining birds. Congrats on your new baby!

Amyann4

Moving in
Using the puppy pads is a really great idea! Thank you for the tips!
Hi there!

I use clear shower liners from the Dollar Tree. My entire wall behind the cage (it extends far beyond cage length) is covered with several mural shower curtains (rainforest image). I got these off Amazon for around 10-13$.

I use the clear shower curtains right against the back of the cage and just rip those off and throw away after 2-3 days. I can just wipe down my mural curtain walls with a wet cloth. I like to use hot water and vinegar.

My floors in front of the cage are covered with cheap rugs. I look for absorbant looking ones. Every 2-3 days I take all the rugs and toss into the washer. Keep extras so you always have a set.

For the cage bottom I use puppy pads that I buy in bulk from Sams Club. I like how they absorb the poop where paper just keeps the liquid on top and looks nastier.

They are messy but very entertaining birds. Congrats on your new baby![/QUOT