• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent CAG doesn't grab with one foot

Max83

Walking the driveway
I'm sure she hasn't the problem yesterday. I just noticed it:

she can climb up and down the cage bars and perch but she doesn't tighten her toes, she only put the foot on the perch but leaves it half open. The foot seems ok and the legs too, maybe a little pointed inwards but nothing bad. What could it be and what could I do? Could be arthritis from the old age?

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Best thing you can do is take your bird to an avian vet. Could have been a mild stroke. Feet are important so please get a professional diagnosis, not one from a bird forum

Max83

Walking the driveway
the nearest avian vet is 4 hours of car away and I definitely can't bring him before saturday

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
It could be a number of things, including a stroke. Does everything else seem normal?

Max83

Walking the driveway
yes I checked better: I got her out of cage and she walked normal, she followed me around the house, played with a towel, she whistles and talk and like to be petted in head as usual and grabbed a piece of cracker with the foot that keeps half open on the perch...so she definitely has sensibility and she can grab little things... she doesen't seem to be hurted if I touch the foot but she doesn't like to be touched in foot anyways so difficult to say

Max83

Walking the driveway
she is playing with the paper at the bittom of cage right now shredding it, the climbing in the bars is definitly normal...and even on flat surfaces nothing strange to see.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
She sounds like a doll! I hope she will be okay. I would take her to the vet on Saturday just to see why she appears to have a weak grip with that foot.