1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  2. This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent CAG doesn't grab with one foot

Discussion in 'Bird Emergency Highway 911' started by Max83, 8/2/18.

1. Max83

Max83 Walking the driveway

I'm sure she hasn't the problem yesterday. I just noticed it:

she can climb up and down the cage bars and perch but she doesn't tighten her toes, she only put the foot on the perch but leaves it half open. The foot seems ok and the legs too, maybe a little pointed inwards but nothing bad. What could it be and what could I do? Could be arthritis from the old age?

2. Lady Jane

Lady Jane Joyriding the Neighborhood Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Dianne
    Best thing you can do is take your bird to an avian vet. Could have been a mild stroke. Feet are important so please get a professional diagnosis, not one from a bird forum

webchirp likes this.
  3. Max83

the nearest avian vet is 4 hours of car away and I definitely can't bring him before saturday

4. sunnysmom

sunnysmom Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Michelle
    It could be a number of things, including a stroke. Does everything else seem normal?

webchirp likes this.
  5. Max83

yes I checked better: I got her out of cage and she walked normal, she followed me around the house, played with a towel, she whistles and talk and like to be petted in head as usual and grabbed a piece of cracker with the foot that keeps half open on the perch...so she definitely has sensibility and she can grab little things... she doesen't seem to be hurted if I touch the foot but she doesn't like to be touched in foot anyways so difficult to say

Tiel Feathers likes this.
  6. Max83

she is playing with the paper at the bittom of cage right now shredding it, the climbing in the bars is definitly normal...and even on flat surfaces nothing strange to see.

7. Tiel Feathers

Tiel Feathers Cruising the avenue Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award

Deanna
    She sounds like a doll! I hope she will be okay. I would take her to the vet on Saturday just to see why she appears to have a weak grip with that foot.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)