• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Butt in the air

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taxus812

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Terry
so I don't know quite how to ask this. It kinda odd but funny

Pete is a Two'ish year old Sun conure that was rehomed with us about a week ago. so Pete and I are working out whether or not we trust each other. I spent some time just sitting at his cage offering a finger for him to step up. Giving him treats if he would take them and just observing queues.

The top of his cage opens so I just left I open. He would come up and give me kisses (slipped me some tongue too :D yuck) then scamper back down to his perch. After a while he would hint that he wanted a scratch. and I got to scratch his head under his wings little on his belly. (all in his cage)

so here is the weird part after a while pete got on his perch and put his but up in the air (vent straight at me) and hinted he wanted his back scratched. I started rubbing his back and we would stick his vent higher in the air and lift his wings. At this point he acted a lot like my chickens did when they somehow expected me to jump them (seeing I was the biggest rooster).

So here he is but in the air wings up and forward and legs squatting while im rubbing his back. Im feeling very uncomfortable by now and waiting for the funky music to start playing. (My wife is laughing her @$$ off by now ).

So could it be possible that Pete is a Paula and was trying to do the funky chicken? or was it my imagination and he was just really enjoying the back scratches.

:D

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Well Pete is not Pete, but Petrina. You have a little hen who is showing off her underpants. Did she spread her wings? One of the things that is always a smart thing to do when you get a new bird is to take them to the vet for a basic check over, baseline blood work, some cultures and a DNA test. You don't want to miss the signs of egg binding because you think you have a little boy. Also it's not a good idea to scratch them under their wings, or run your hand all the way down their tails. To them that is sexual stimulation, and it could cause her to start laying eggs. Scratches around the head and neck are always welcome.

Ginger

Taxus812

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Terry
That little hussy !!! :laughing2:.

(I feel so used. My innocence gone forever :) )

We are going to have blood tests tomorrow. I guess I need to have a DNA test done as well. My wife is rolling on the floor laughing saying I am cheating on her. I have to bath.

Thanks for the reply

Taxus812

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Terry
and oh yes she was putting her wings up high and out quite a bit. I guess she trusts me little more than I thought.

KatherinesBirds

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Katherine
Oh! That little birdie Hussy! It's kinda cute and fun but I have to try not to encourage it with my female Red Bellied. She gets pretty steamed up over me.:heart:

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Definatly a girl.....

Mrcrowley

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Jim
Terry your such a tease blue balling her like that my my my I do not know know what to think:rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.