• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Busy ...Busy ..Busy ...

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
So the weekend was full of making my own version of seed ,grain and nut mix , mash and their weekly breakfast ...it took all day Saturday ..but I love my birds so its not to much of a chore ... :faint:

Most of the seed , grains and nuts for the mixture I get at the bulk store ...:laughing12:

20180915_113406.jpg

All mixed up ....:D

20180915_115814.jpg

Makes 2 large bags ...will last my fids 2 1/2 months ...cost about 60.00

20180915_120107.jpg

All of the veggies I put into my mash ...plus grains , seed and nuts ....:)

20180915_120517.jpg
20180915_120511.jpg 20180915_120526.jpg

All chopped up takes about 2 hours to chop everything ....:omg:

20180915_132921.jpg

Everything mixed ...I forgot to take a pic of all the bags but it filled 30 small bags enough to last about 3-4 months ...cost about 120.00...:dance5:

20180915_141220.jpg

if your interested in what I put in Ill tell ya in another post ...I forgot my book today :fairy2:

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Oelalala! That looks awesome!:cool4: Definitly interested in your recipes:D

Tyrion

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
Oelalala! That looks awesome!:cool4: Definitly interested in your recipes:D
Sorry this took me so long ...so the seed and nut mixture is full of stuff ...un shelled sunflower , green pumpkin , mulberries , cockatiel seed , large bird seed , raisins, groats buckwheat , rolled oats, hemp hearts , hazel nuts, dried blueberries, flax seed, sesame seed , canary seed, chia seed, pint nuts , quinoa , brown rice , quinoa pasta , walnuts, almonds, brazil nuts, mixt nuts , cashews, pralines, cranberry granola , mixed dry fruit and hemp granola …. I mix other stuff into it if there is anything that catches my eye at the bulk store but this is the main stay for in the cage all day …..:fairy:

The mash is all veggies I have tried adding fruit to it but it makes it pretty wet with fruit in it ...carrots , brussl sprouts , broccoli , cauliflower, kale, spring mix salad , spinach, bell peppers, sweet potato, cucumber , zucchini , hemp granola, steele cut oats, almond, walnuts, brazil nuts, cashews ,pralines, mixed nuts , Aztec rice, quinoa pasta , hemp hearts , lentils ,and quinoa . ..they eat this for their mainstay supper about a heaping large spoon full ….for breakie they get chopped fruit and veggies of the season ...:fairy2: