• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Burnt food

lolmcr

Moving in
Real Name
Evy
Hey guys! Hope you all are well. I'm just a bit concerned because my roommate had burned some rice in a non-stick pan & it smoked up the entire kitchen. My room is right next to the kitchen & although the door is closed, it still smells a little bit in my room. Should I be concerned about my birds? I have the air purifier on high & the fan going, but I really have no way of taking them outside, plus I cant open my window since its so cold. Let me know what you all think & thanks!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
I would personally be more concerned about the non stick pan than the rice to be honest- you should always be concerned if your birds are in air that non stick pans have been used in.

Rebel

Sprinting down the street
Hey guys! Hope you all are well. I'm just a bit concerned because my roommate had burned some rice in a non-stick pan & it smoked up the entire kitchen. My room is right next to the kitchen & although the door is closed, it still smells a little bit in my room. Should I be concerned about my birds? I have the air purifier on high & the fan going, but I really have no way of taking them outside, plus I cant open my window since its so cold. Let me know what you all think & thanks!
Its a little late now but I would have covered the bird cage and opened the window for a few minutes at least. The fan and purifier will do nothing but blow the stink around.

lolmcr

Moving in
Real Name
Evy
I would personally be more concerned about the non stick pan than the rice to be honest- you should always be concerned if your birds are in air that non stick pans have been used in.
I know thats why I was worried :( I have told my roommates again and again but they aren't the most understanding... I am moving out soon though.

lolmcr

Moving in
Real Name
Evy
Its a little late now but I would have covered the bird cage and opened the window for a few minutes at least. The fan and purifier will do nothing but blow the stink around.
I actually ended up doing this right after I posted!