• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Build question and heat vent

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
IMG_2026.JPG probably more directed to @JLcribber but I want to put up an aviary and the heat vent is in my way. Should I stay in front of the vent from left to right or can I run a 2x2 down the middle without worry of fire...I know the heat output shouldn't get hot enough but thought I would check. I close off the vents in summer and have wall panels for added heat in winter

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
View attachment 245544 probably more directed to @JLcribber but I want to put up an aviary and the heat vent is in my way. Should I stay in front of the vent from left to right or can I run a 2x2 down the middle without worry of fire...I know the heat output shouldn't get hot enough but thought I would check. I close off the vents in summer and have wall panels for added heat in winter
Tika's aviary also has a heat vent. It's not as close to the edge as yours but I just left it in there like it is because he can't really get to it. Amanda has learned to get to it so I just made it bird proof. In your case just some caging shaped into a box and mounted over it.

As long as they can't reach it you don't have to do anything. Don't mount or hang anything within reach.