• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Budgies only laid two eggs

Mariah Hughes

Strolling the yard
Hey everyone. I have bred budgies several times in the past, but I have a first-time mom with an experienced dad now and the pair has only laid two eggs. It has now been three days since the last egg was laid and there's no sign of any more eggs. She doesn't have an impacted egg. She hasn't started sitting on the two that have been laid. Should I just let it be and expect her to start sitting on these two or laying more soon? Or should I remove these two eggs and give them to the other hen I have that is sitting on four eggs (the most recent was laid yesterday) in hopes that this pair produces a full clutch or that these two will at least hatch? They should definitely be fertile. I have just never had I hen lay such a small clutch or not sit on the eggs after laying them.

EkkieLu

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
They need to be kept warm. If she's not sitting on them, move them! I put all Lucy's eggs in the incubator because she loves to climb all over the room and forgets about her eggs! Lucy has no worries about being nominated Best Mom of the Year!