• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Budgies Behaviors

Colleen Fortin

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Colleen
Have a male 1 yr and female 9 months. They have a habit of standing erect and force each other off the perch until one moves. Then they flit all over the cage squawking at each other. What does that mean. At times they sit next to each other and just chatter away. Confused if they get along or not.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I too have male and female budgie in one cage. Sometimes female budgies get bossy and or fussy with the male and want them to get off the perch. Not unusual behavior unless they get into a real beak battle. I recently added a few more platform perches and swings so they have several choices where to park themselves. Even with more places to sit they want to be together. How big is your cage and can you post photos?

Colleen Fortin

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Colleen
I'll send one tomorrow when the light is better. It's actually fairly large. 1 big cage that can be split into 2 cages.

Colleen Fortin

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Colleen
Its s bit dark but the cage shows up quite good. As you can see I have 5 different places for them to perch. They seem to get along fine chirping at each other. Just curious about that particular activity.
Thanks for you help

Attachments

Porter

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Maggie
I recently had to seperate a pair that had previously been bonded but the female (maiboch) decided that Daffy wasn't to her liking anymore.
(Older.. disabled budgie)

So attitudes and behaviors change over the years. Females do tend to get bossy.

Colleen Fortin

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Colleen
I'll keep my eyes on that. No major squabbles just a lot of chirping for the same spot I guess