• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Budgie w/aspergillus needs medicine

aido

Meeting neighbors
Hey guys. My little female budgie who is 10 months old, got diagnosed with aspergillus 2 months ago. She has been taking fluctanazole for 45 days. The treatment has not helped at all. Her biggest complaint is that she has no lift during her flight. Apparently the fungus filled her air sacs and formed granulomas, plugging the sacs and causing her to be heavy/dense. She doesnt move around, chirp or eat much either.

Anyway, in my country (Turkey) apparently they only have fluctanazole available. In my researches i found there are more effective treatments. My vet said clotrimazole %1 solution for nebulization + itranazole treatment supported by an amphotericine proteolytic nasal flush would be most effective. But as I said: these drugs are not available where I live.

I have friends living in the uk/europe. Is it possible for me to somehow get one of these or any medication delivered to one of my friends so they can deliver it to me?

Please help me i can see her deteriorating in front of my eyes but I cant help her :(

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne

hrafn

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
If I were in your shoes, I would ask your vet whether it would be possible to contact other veterinarians in neighbouring countries, to see whether they could have the necessary medications and supplies mailed directly to their clinic. These medications are generally prescription-only, so it would likely be difficult to get the right stuff at the proper dosages from an online shop or through your friends.

I'm so sorry that your budgie was diagnosed with Asper! Sending out good thoughts for you both.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
So sorry your budgie is ill.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
As a long time person who has experienced years of Aspergillosis in their birds - your vet is exactly right on the treatment. There are a number of online pharmacies in India and Canada. You might try them.

I wish you the very best with your baby.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I’m sorry your little bird is sick, and I hope she will be okay!