• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Budgie Quest!!

Marvel_ous

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Trinity
Haven’t had a good chance to ask yet, but the ad is still up. I do have some good news though. My mom is a big person in my homeschool co-op, and she met up with a woman yesterday (About the co-op stuff) who has a daughter my age, who is just as crazed about parrots as I am! I’m meeting up with and hanging out with her tomorrow, although I don’t know too much about her beyond the fact that our parents know each other, her mom is really sweet, and she adores birds. I’m VERY excited to meet up and geek out with someone! Even better news, there is a chance she may be joining my co-op class next year!

Today was really busy, tomorrow night I might get a chance to catch both my parents with free time to talk.

NitroCola

Moving in
Real Name
(Alias)Hannah
Hey! Im a new teen budgie owner too. I can PM you all the resources that helped me learn about budgies. I also suggest that if your a reader, go to your local pet store and pick up a budgie book. My parents surprised me and my sister with budgies, so now I have to save up for all the budgies supplies to make sure they're happy. Be sure you have enough money to save up too for toys, food, and other supplies. Here's a few things I learned to avoid when setting up their environment (im not a professional, but this all my collected research) :

-Dont get cuttle huts because they make the bird go into breeding mode and also the fabric can get loose from chewing/claws
-Try natural perches instead of wood dowels in order to avoid bumble foot development
-Cages should be sized horizontally the most because the budgies fly horizontal.

I wish you good luck.