• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Budgie personality change?

budgies123

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
so im getting a 7 week old budgie soon and i was wondering if they change personalitys when they mature? for example: a baby budgie would be shy and later when mature the budgie would be outgoing or if a baby budgie was cuddly but when it matures it would not be cuddly? just curious...

Milestone

Sprinting down the street
I have experience with a baby budgie being cuddly when young then going kinda anti social or highly independent. But that's not always the case with birds. However baby birds personalities can change to adult personalities. The change may be big or small. I hope things go well with your soon to be budgie.

Last edited:

StarrySkies

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Elle
It depends in the bird. Sometimes they begin as shy, terrified birds, and they become outgoing, and nosy. Other times, they are shy, and remain shy.

PoukieBear

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
I agree, it can go either way. The best thing you can do is to spend as much time with your new budgie as possible. The stronger the bond between you two, the better. :)

Congrats on the new budgie, btw !

RamenNoodles

Moving in
Real Name
Nhu-Y
My budgie's personality changed a bit when pinfeathers came in. It was probably due to pinfeathers being quite annoying, but my bird went from very laid back to pretty easily spooked. Hope this helped! :budgie2: