• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Budgie Mutations

Status
Not open for further replies.

atvchick95

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kelli
Here's one that I would imagine would be easy for you guys to help me out with. I haven't come across this mutation personally yet so I'm having trouble naming it... This is Bert, he came to me a couple of months ago and actually just passed away from a LARGE adrenal or kidney tumor (it was too large to tell which for sure) I was really sad to see him go (RIP Bert :( ) anyways he was such a beautiful budgie - but what is his mutation?

I'm thinking yellow face, clear flight, opaline? I could be way off though. Sorry for the funky pictures - he was very skittish and fainted if he was handled so I was trying to sneak pics of him.

Sorry I just now seen this Looks he's Yellow face type 2 Opaline clear flight pied - The type 2 yellow face gave him the sea green appearance :) Sorry he's passed away he was a beauty

iv looked at mom the rec pied female (green) and she has spangle markings on the bum and a little bit above at the base of the tail:eek::) (vary beautiful markings) and 2 of her kiddo's (green rec pieds) have the spangle markings to! how can this be?
got pics? I've never known a spangle to only have a small amount of markings they're not like a Pied where the markings vary, They're either showing spangle or they are not - they can not even be split to spangle.

f3ath3rs2

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Audra

Sorry I just now seen this Looks he's Yellow face type 2 Opaline clear flight pied - The type 2 yellow face gave him the sea green appearance :) Sorry he's passed away he was a beauty
He wasn't quite sea green like my other yellow-face type 2... she was a lot darker can that mutation be lighter and darker? Just curious :)

atvchick95

Real Name
Kelli

He wasn't quite sea green like my other yellow-face type 2... she was a lot darker can that mutation be lighter and darker? Just curious :)
yes it can.. it really depends on how much of the yellow bleeds in with the blue

I had one she looked like she had a "V" neck shirt on (it never came out in pictures though) her top half was sea green a little darker then the pic you posted, then Where the point in the V started to the legs was a very light violet with a blue cast

in pictures she looked bright sea green almost florescent and Bright florescent blue lol with a bright yellow face

she had more of a Deep yellow face though in person

robin's my baby

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
sarah

got pics? I've never known a spangle to only have a small amount of markings they're not like a Pied where the markings vary, They're either showing spangle or they are not - they can not even be split to spangle.
i wish i did but my friend broke my camera its really neat though

indio25

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
jonathan
[/IMG][/IMG]Can't some one help me i dont know wath cain of mutation she is i think she is a dark eye clear but she got markings in her wings real ligth ones thank you.

Last edited:

indio25

Real Name
jonathan
Those guy in the coner with the gray collar is daddy and lady's chick one of them but he got yellow in the top of the mask and the lail in wings. Can some one help me?

Last edited:

atvchick95

Real Name
Kelli
[/IMG][/IMG]Can't some one help me i dont know wath cain of mutation she is i think she is a dark eye clear but she got markings in her wings real ligth ones thank you.

are her markings brown or Grey? I can't tell in the pic

If they're Grey - she's a Grey wing, if they're brown she's Cinnamon

what happened to her beak? she is missing a nice chunk out of it?

atvchick95

Real Name
Kelli
Those guy in the coner with the gray collar is daddy and lady's chick one of them but he got yellow in the top of the mask and the lail in wings. Can some one help me?
the one with Yellow on his head is a Yellow Face Sky blue Dominant Pied (the one on the right)
The one on the left is a Sky blue Dominant pied - are you saying he's the dad to the one on the right?? I hope these are older pics and these birds are older because they are BOTH babies in this picture not even a year old!

indio25

Real Name
jonathan
are her markings brown or Grey? I can't tell in the pic

If they're Grey - she's a Grey wing, if they're brown she's Cinnamon

what happened to her beak? she is missing a nice chunk out of it?
Tank you for reply in my post,yea her markings are ligth grey and nothing is wrong in her beak i thing she got a pice of brocoli and her wing are white.This two are the parent off the baby's in the bottom post:hehe::cool:.

indio25

Real Name
jonathan
this two are the parents to a2 of the babys.

Last edited:

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
All such beautiful little guys! I don't have a clue how you keep track of all the mutations. I have a hard time understanding just the single lutino mutation of the Galahs...I can't move on to wrap my brain around more of them!:rofl:

indio25

Real Name
jonathan
Wath the difrent in a yellow face and a goldenface?wath is he?beautifull bird.

atvchick95

Real Name
Kelli
this two are the parents to a2 of the babys.

Ok, whew Glad that these are the parents :)
the dad is a Yellow Face type 2 sky blue - the yellow face being type 2 bleeds into the body color, and makes a sky blue look sea green
and the mom defiantly looks light green cinnamon to me

atvchick95

Real Name
Kelli
Wath the difrent in a yellow face and a goldenface?wath is he?beautifull bird.
There are a few different types of yellow face
Type 1 (or just plain yellow face) means the Yellow is primarily just on the face
type 2 - the yellow runs through the body color usually changing the body color - if its a sky blue bird it'll look Sea green

Golden face- is the face is a Deep Golden yellow color

the pic of this one, is a yellow face Grey wing Opaline and looks to be either mauve or cobalt blue and since this baby is a boy and Opaline(Opaline is sex linked) it means both his parents carry the Opaline gene - so his mom is Visually Opaline, if his dad isn't visually then he is split to it.

christypooh402

Walking the driveway
I thought I'd post a few pics of mine.
I think Matilda is a Violet Cobalt Dom. Pied. Can you tell about how old she may be?

I believe Puck is a Yellow face Type 2 Sky Blue Opaline? Can you tell if he's young? I honestly don't have a clue how old he is. I've had him for about 2 weeks now.

Isn't he a porker? :hehe:

Paula

Walking the driveway
Just wanted to say thanks for starting this thread. I researched budgie mutations a few years back but got busy and never got back to it. When I have more time, I'll review all your info and try to figure out what my budgies are (besides being cutie-pies)! :) (Keaton's a dark-eyed clear; Pudgie's an opaline mauve, I think, with a lot of grey amidst the blue; the others = ??) Having all this info here is so helpful, Kelli!

Christypooh, your Matilda is just stunning, in my opinion.

looniebirds

Jogging around the block
Real Name
melody
Aren't they all so beautiful? I never get tired of looking at them!:heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.