• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Budgie Mutations

Status
Not open for further replies.

f3ath3rs2

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Audra
So his other flight feathers being clear is just a fluke? or? I just thought that if they WEREN'T a clear flight then all of the flight feathers have the black on them?

NatureLover

Meeting neighbors
I have a new baby and I was told she is Albino. Her cere looks odd in the pictures (I think b/c of the flash) but the rest of her body is pretty much true to what she looks like. Her cere is a real pinky color so I know she's female. She has red eyes so I was wondering does that pretty much tell me she's Albino? The only colors on her are a very faint yellow on her head and parts of her wings but the rest of her is as white as snow. What do you think she is?

robin's my baby

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
sarah
LUTINOS and albinos have red eye there also aprently almost inpossible to tell theresex unless the femals get a crusty cere

atvchick95

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kelli
I have a new baby and I was told she is Albino. Her cere looks odd in the pictures (I think b/c of the flash) but the rest of her body is pretty much true to what she looks like. Her cere is a real pinky color so I know she's female. She has red eyes so I was wondering does that pretty much tell me she's Albino? The only colors on her are a very faint yellow on her head and parts of her wings but the rest of her is as white as snow. What do you think she is?

actually a yellow face type 2 Albino ALSO KNOWN AS A Creamino

from the cere it's male - Males will not get blue ceres in the Albino, Lutino or Creamino mutations , the color is uniform and the transparent pinky color they get - however i'm assuming the bird is young (can't go by the bars of a normal mutation on this mutation) BUT if the cere gets any blue to it or turns white then to a tan,brown crusty color it's female IF it stays the same color it is now after its a year old it's male

NatureLover

Meeting neighbors
Thank you very much. I'm with ya, I think he's male! For some reason, Sunny is scared of Moonshine. Moonshine picks on him/her. Sunny just runs away. But they are going to remain in seperate cages until they become friends, and if they don't then I guess there not going to move in together.

robin's my baby

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
sarah
so you know my pair of the receive pied and Dom pied. well one of there baby's has all black pin feathers i was wounder if theres a way for them to have gens for a anthracite? or will they lighten to some other color

atvchick95

Real Name
Kelli
so you know my pair of the receive pied and Dom pied. well one of there baby's has all black pin feathers i was wounder if theres a way for them to have gens for a anthracite? or will they lighten to some other color
Could be Grey or Mauve

got a picture? i know its hard to tell when they're wee babies - But I thought the same thing on a couple of mine and within a week or so when the pins opened they were Greys or Grey Violets

robin's my baby

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
sarah
hmm this was a vary umm odd clutch. we had a Dom pied blue, what seemed to be a Dom pied green with blue feathers near the vent :confused:, and 2 little receive baby's so what dose this all mean?

cutecritters

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Cynthia
I have True violets - but they're hard to get pictures of they always come out looking some shade of blue

but my Gizmo was a Double factor Violet he was very deep purple and looked it he matched the Crayola Crayon purple

now i have a Yellow face Violet Dominant Pied and her purple is light since she's only single factor but she is purple and in person there is no denying she's purple - just can't get it to show up right on a picture I've tried every setting on my camera

a true purple (violet) is a Cobalt violet ;) which is what a few of my pairs are.

This is gizmo as a baby - took the pic with one of my kids' crappy camera But it is the only picture that's ever came out showing he is purple - But no matter how still you stand or even sitting this camera on a table they come out blurry

then a few from my camera

the last good pic I ever got of him - he would of been 2 this past January 14th

I have the same problem getting pictures of my violet female! No matter what I do withthe camera, even camera phones....just anything...it won't look as purple, just blue. =/ Hopefully someday we can show their true colors! They are such beautiful birds.

Last edited:

atvchick95

Real Name
Kelli
I have the same problem getting pictures of my violet female! No matter what I do withthe camera, even camera phones....just anything...it won't look as purple, just blue. =/ Hopefully someday we can show their true colors! They are such beautiful birds.

She's very pretty, Violet Opaline and Spangle? from the side she looks spangle, but i know with Opaline it makes it harder to tell what the other mutations are some times

atvchick95

Real Name
Kelli
Thank You. Yes she is violet,opaline,spangle; you're good! And she is very fiesty =)

:hehe: I have a lot of Opalines, Violets and Spangles .. just not all one one :D

but I'm working on it

I also want to get more Yellow Face Violets, right now I only have one but she's so pretty

and Yellow face Grey, I have Greys in all kinds, Grey spangle, Grey blue and Grey violet just none with yellow face and Grey together lol

cutecritters

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Cynthia
oh wow!!! I only have one regular grey, I didn't know there were grey blues and grey violets! I would be very interested in seeing one (I think I'll google it!) I have one yellow face male, he's a blue, I bet the violet yellowfaces look very nice! My personal favs are lutinos and violets. =)

atvchick95

Real Name
Kelli
on my website, if you go to "OUR BIRDS- NOT FOR SALE" and scroll towards the bottom, I have a pic of Minnie my yellow face violet

I can't remember if it shows her face well or not, she doesn't hold still and alot of the time the yellow gets washed out if i'm trying to get a straight on pic of her.

but its Home - K & M Breeding Of Muncie,IN.

f3ath3rs2

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Audra
Here's one that I would imagine would be easy for you guys to help me out with. I haven't come across this mutation personally yet so I'm having trouble naming it... This is Bert, he came to me a couple of months ago and actually just passed away from a LARGE adrenal or kidney tumor (it was too large to tell which for sure) I was really sad to see him go (RIP Bert :( ) anyways he was such a beautiful budgie - but what is his mutation?

I'm thinking yellow face, clear flight, opaline? I could be way off though. Sorry for the funky pictures - he was very skittish and fainted if he was handled so I was trying to sneak pics of him.

Attachments

robin's my baby

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
sarah
Here's one that I would imagine would be easy for you guys to help me out with. I haven't come across this mutation personally yet so I'm having trouble naming it... This is Bert, he came to me a couple of months ago and actually just passed away from a LARGE adrenal or kidney tumor (it was too large to tell which for sure) I was really sad to see him go (RIP Bert :( ) anyways he was such a beautiful budgie - but what is his mutation?

I'm thinking yellow face, clear flight, opaline? I could be way off though. Sorry for the funky pictures - he was very skittish and fainted if he was handled so I was trying to sneak pics of him.
wow vary sad and vary beutiful

robin's my baby

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
sarah
iv looked at mom the rec pied female (green) and she has spangle markings on the bum and a little bit above at the base of the tail:eek::) (vary beautiful markings) and 2 of her kiddo's (green rec pieds) have the spangle markings to! how can this be?

indio25

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
jonathan
This is my favorite birds his name is daddy and lady

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.