• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Budgie jerk

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
I am thinking Peso is the girl! With those rings around the nares, and being as young as the bird is, I really think you may find out later she is a she! And if that is the case, your birds sound like Fergus and Fiona for sure! You described it well, Fergus goes to the dish, Fiona scoots him right out of the way - MY dish, she chirps! Have you heard any fast creaking sounds like Peso is warning Paulie at all? Or is it always Paulie that is being the jerk? In the pic you just posted 9/7/19 above from left to right it's Paulie on left and Peso on right, correct?

BudgieBird81

Strolling the yard
I am thinking Peso is the girl! With those rings around the nares, and being as young as the bird is, I really think you may find out later she is a she! And if that is the case, your birds sound like Fergus and Fiona for sure! You described it well, Fergus goes to the dish, Fiona scoots him right out of the way - MY dish, she chirps! Have you heard any fast creaking sounds like Peso is warning Paulie at all? Or is it always Paulie that is being the jerk? In the pic you just posted 9/7/19 above from left to right it's Paulie on left and Peso on right, correct?
Yes correct. When I got Peso his cere was purplish and turned blue as the weeks went by. He also picked up talking by week five, about 2 weeks before we got Paulie.

Fergus Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Let's tag my go to folks for sexing to see what they say - @PoukieBear and @Budgiebonkers - what say ye on the sex of Peso and Paulie?

Fergus Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
I guess it's redundant to post my profile pic but I just wanted to show you Fergus and Fiona from January 2018, which is about 2 months after Fiona got here, and 7 months after Fergus came.
Second photo is this April when Fiona's cere began changing to brown! (She was coming in season). It's now a whitish color.

Attachments

PoukieBear

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
Let's tag my go to folks for sexing to see what they say - @PoukieBear and @Budgiebonkers - what say ye on the sex of Peso and Paulie?

They are both males. :)

The blue cere is a dead giveaway, even if there is a slight white around the nostrils, that just means that he’s not in breeding condition.

A female will have a MUCH LIGHTER cere colour and way more white .

Fergus Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
They are both males. :)

The blue cere is a dead giveaway, even if there is a slight white around the nostrils, that just means that he’s not in breeding condition.

A female will have a MUCH LIGHTER cere colour and way more white .

Thanks Michelle! One of these days, I will get this right. (I hope!!!) :)