• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Budgie is obsessed with hand and cockatiel

Carp5699

Meeting neighbors
So Cloudy... He was never a fan of hands in the first year or two that I had him, but recently he's been all but obsessed with them (and feet). And I don't mean that he will step up when I ask him to, no no, he still flies away. But when my hand are visible to him, or my feet are in the air as I lay in bed, he'll fly over to them and go crazy. When he first started doing it, I thought he was just being silly. He was walking and circling all around my hand really fast, and I didn't think anything of it, until one day he started humping it. Absolutely not. And as I mentioned, he does it with feet too. And he WON'T stop. I get him off my hand, launch him into the air, shake it, but he keeps coming back. I don't like it, and I don't know what to do.

As for my cockatiel, good Cod, he won't leave him alone. I understand they need company, and I'm perfectly fine with them being friends, but he just won't stop trying to feed him. Anytime one of them isnt locked in their cage, they'll be feeding eachother. Anytime Alfi(cockatiel) is in his cage and Cloudy isn't, Cloudy will try to break inside. That, or he'll be going for my hands. Back to feeding, again, I don't mind them being friends. I know it's common. But when does it become too much? Cloudy will try anytime the option is available, and it isn't twice or 3 times a day. As for Alfi, I don't understand his feelings about Cloudy. Half the time he's jabbing at Cloudy in a back off sort of way, and the other time, he's being fed.

I just want to understand what's going on

Rebel

Sprinting down the street
I had a parakeet like that. He was always feeding one of my cockatiels. It was creepy.