1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  2. This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

budgie help- Sad Update Post #6

Discussion in 'Bird Emergency Highway 911' started by Sipporah, 11/17/17.

1. Sipporah

Sipporah Meeting neighbors

Hello my dear friends thankq so much for you help before but I have another serious problem now my budgie seems to develop a blister/little red boil underneath her foot. It looks very red and I’m really worried what I should do I don’t have any avian vet available here not even remotely possible. I’m seriously very worried about her. I made her stand on a soft cloth instead of perch since it would pressurise the boil. Please kindly help me

2. expressmailtome

expressmailtome Ripping up the road Administrator Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Matthew
    Jas likes this.
  3. sunnysmom

sunnysmom Cruising the avenue Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award I'm a SECRET SANTA - Are you? I Can't Stop Posting!

Michelle
    I was thinking possibly bumblefoot too. What kind of perches does your budgie have in her cage? A lot of cages come with dowel perches. All dowel perches can cause problems with bird's feet because they're too uniform and apply pressure on the same spot all the time.

Lady Jane likes this.
  4. TikiMyn

TikiMyn Rollerblading along the road I Can't Stop Posting!

Robin
    My guess is bumblefoot as well, do you have a picture of her foot?

5. cosmolove

cosmolove Biking along the boulevard Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Veteran I'm a SECRET SANTA - Are you?

Erica (:
    Can you post a picture of her foot as well as a picture of her cage showing all the perches? I've heard of birds getting bumble foot but also if she uses a rough pedi perch a lot it can also cause sores to develop on their feet too.

TikiMyn likes this.
  6. Sipporah

Most saddest news to all you people who tried to help me. Thanks a lot I really appreciate it but miss blues just passed away yesterday. I’m thinking maybe because she wanted to come out but got stuck in between the bars and we went outside at that time and when I came back she was trying to come out I helped her get free but she died within minutes after that. I was late. It breaks my heart

TikiMyn likes this.
  7. Birdbabe

Birdbabe Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Oh Dear,,I'm so sorry..

TikiMyn likes this.
  8. TikiMyn

TikiMyn Rollerblading along the road I Can't Stop Posting!

Robin
    I am so sorry for you and your girl:sorrow:

9. saroj12

saroj12 Ripping up the road Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Santa Coco ROCKS the SOCKS I'm a SECRET SANTA - Are you? I Can't Stop Posting!

saroj
    Sorry to hear that. The cage was not appropriate size for your bird. A bird should not be able to put it's head through the bars.

10. expressmailtome

expressmailtome Ripping up the road Administrator Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Matthew
    I am sorry for your loss.

11. Sarahmoluccan

Sarahmoluccan Rollerblading along the road Celebirdy of the Month Avenue Spotlight Award I'm a SECRET SANTA - Are you?

Sarah
    I'm so sorry for your loss :sad14:

12. calibird

calibird Rollerblading along the road Premium Vendor Avenue Veteran

Ann
    I am so sorry for your loss. :sadhug2:

13. Lady Jane

Lady Jane Cruising the avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Dianne
    Budgies need a half inch bar spacing so you will know in the future. This is very sad.

fluffypoptarts and TikiMyn like this.
  14. EllaMay

EllaMay Rollerblading along the road Santa Coco ROCKS the SOCKS I'm a SECRET SANTA - Are you?

April
    :sorrow:

15. Cynthia & Percy

Cynthia & Percy cockatoo mania Super Moderator Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Veteran

cynthia
    i am so very sorry for your loss

16. Sipporah

Thank you very much for your support. Actually the cage is not the problem because there’s another bird which has been with me over an year in the same cage. And I’ve never experienced any problems with him. He’s boldy I love him very very much can’t bear if anything happens to him....and he’s left alone now idk what to do...my mum won’t let me buy a new bird (unless it’s exactly like boldy) and even if it is it’s so hard to convince her idk what to do

TikiMyn likes this.
  17. Sipporah

48F55EA8-9066-4DA9-8BF4-10FA1697D410.jpeg
    He’s my sweetu..what kind of breed is it? Can anyone tell?

18. Lady Jane

Lady Jane Cruising the avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Dianne
    FYI birds are not breeds like a dog, they are referred to as species and some budgies have mutations.

TikiMyn likes this.
  19. DQTimnehs

DQTimnehs Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs! Administrator DQ Lou Who Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Santa Coco ROCKS the SOCKS

Jennifer

I'm sorry for your loss. :( If your bird got either his head or body stuck between the bars, then the bar spacing is definitely too wide for the size of bird. Another bird may not try to get through and may not get stuck but if it is possible, you should have narrower spacing (1/2").

20. MajesticOcelol

MajesticOcelol Strolling the yard I'm a SECRET SANTA - Are you?

I'm very sorry for your loss. :(
    The budgie in the picture is a lutino mutation.

TikiMyn likes this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)