• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Budgie Harness & Leash

Parakeet lover

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Landon
Hi,
I was just recently looking at budgie harness and leash and was wondering if you guys would recomend any brands. Also if my budgie has a harness and leash on and I have the leash would it be safe to take him outside?

NK_717

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
They do have a Mini Aviator harness here: The Aviator Bird Harness | The Parrot University, llc
Aviators are the best parrot harness and the most trusted.

If the harness definitely fit and was secured and double-checked, sure. And don't let go of his leash. Even to hand it to someone else- it is REALLY risky, he could fly off and get tangled in a tree...
I honestly have never seen a harness-trained budgie before so I'm not sure how well they would take to it?

Porter

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Maggie
The mini tends to fit lovebirds.
Its far to big for budgies.
However I make my own vests out of fleece with a small metal loop at the back. Perhaps that would work for your budgie?

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
When I take mine outside (not budgie but others) I put the leash around my wrist so that I can never let go.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
mini wings harnesses is what i found and bought to try. havent tried it yet but it is an option
So is your budgie tame enough for you to put it on stress free? Personally I don't think your going to have much success with a bird that small. The harness and leash will out weigh the bird. It won't be able to fly with that leash hanging behind it. I've never seen a harness small enough to fit on a budgie "properly/securely" or a budgie in one.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I agree with John. I've never seen a harness made for budgies, not that they don't make them. It would seem logical that the weight of the harness would make it exceedingly difficult for the bird to fly or even move about..

budgies123

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
So is your budgie tame enough for you to put it on stress free? Personally I don't think your going to have much success with a bird that small. The harness and leash will out weigh the bird. It won't be able to fly with that leash hanging behind it. I've never seen a harness small enough to fit on a budgie "properly/securely" or a budgie in one.
hmm if you search up flocktalk on youtube itll show videos with her parrotlets using the harness. i havent forced the harness on either and im working with my boy but if he doesnt like it itll be the end of that.

Tara81

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tara
Yep flock talk lady has a harness that would most likely fit a budgie. If your budgie is tame and trained enough it could be possible..., never know ... :)

Animallover03

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Audrey
I am not sure how well this one works, but this is an option: 272745439514