• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Budgie flew into ceiling fan

Buedgie202

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Jaymee Burke
My budgie flew into my ceiling fan about 45 mins ago, shes able to stretch her wings fine, is wide awake, and is moving her left foot with ease. But her right food seems to not be moving much apart from occasinally twitching her talons. I have no access to a vet right now and idk what to do please help me. roughly 4 months old.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Put her into the carrier cage and get her to the vet as soon as you can.
Monitor she is eating and drinking, pooping ok. Watch out for deterioration of the movement of her right foot.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
My budgie flew into my ceiling fan about 45 mins ago, shes able to stretch her wings fine, is wide awake, and is moving her left foot with ease. But her right food seems to not be moving much apart from occasinally twitching her talons. I have no access to a vet right now and idk what to do please help me. roughly 4 months old.
Any update on your little one?

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Was the fan moving?

Buedgie202

Real Name
Jaymee Burke
Any update on your little one?
shes moving around but stumbling each step, she cant fly and is having very runny poop. im unable to take her to a vet because its easter and everything is closed. I feel so bad.

Buedgie202

Real Name
Jaymee Burke
shes moving around but stumbling each step, she cant fly and is having very runny poop. im unable to take her to a vet because its easter and everything is closed. I feel so bad.
shes still able to move both of her feet, and stretch them out, but when she tried to climb her enclosure it was sort off just hanging, so she fell

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Have you tried calling your vet? Some will leave out of hour/emergency info on the answering machine. My vet set up the phone so it will divert to another hospital in the middle of the night.
If there's no info on the answering machine, try searching for other emergency veterinarians as close to you as possible.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Should be a place to take bird to on emergency basis.