• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

budgie birthdays?

HawkEagle

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Paulina
Hello everyone,
My budgie Lexy's birthday is approaching and I was curious whether people celebrate their birds' bithdays. I would like to make the day special for Lexy (it is a weekend so I can spend lots of time with him) and have a gift he will enjoy- I want to order a Java Tree which is like a natural style stand with a coconut dish and toys so Lexy can hang out with me there. I popped into the pet store yesterday and also got him a small toy and a pack of honey treats (which he barely ever gets because I know they are unhealthy!)

What about your birds?

RitaG

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Rita Glasel
I wish I had the birth dates of Jet and Skye. I would most certainly celebrate their birthdays. At least I was able to find Christmas ornaments for them. I had to paint Skye's blue because his ornament came in green. lol
Jet and Skye ornaments.jpg

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
We most certainly celebrate all of our birdies Birthdays!

If the particular date is unknown, then we celebrate their Birthday and Gotcha Day together. :D

Wife is better than I on keeping the dates straight, though...;)

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
I don't know Chirp's birthday, but if I did I would celebrate it! Instead, I'll just celebrate his Gotcha Day!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I would get a present (a new toy, etc) and then feed all of his favorite foods for the day! :) And of course, lots and lots of scritches. :)

HawkEagle

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Paulina
Yes, it is quite frustrating not to know a bird's real birthday! Luckily, I do know Lexy's (22nd April) because the breeder kept track of all his birds (he had a book with the ring number, colouration, male or female, hatch day etc.). Lexy doesn't really enjoy toys (I got him two new toys quite recently and he ignores them, he only likes one toys which is a big rope with tangled strings) but I most certainly will spend the day with him and give him his favourite treats.

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
We do gotcha days here ....most people think its silly ..but the birds like it :roflmao:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Heck yes they get something! If I don't know their hatch day I use their "gotcha" date to celebrate. Sometimes it's just making sure they're chop is their favorite foods, other times they get a new toy or play area.