• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Budgie behavior change?

Aramzzzz

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
So when it starts to get dark, around 7pm, my budgie gets grumpy. He hates being moved and is upset if someone wakes him up. But in the morning he is back to being an angel.... is this normal?

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Yes birds need about 12 hrs sleep & go to bed early & get up early.
Not enough sleep is a grumpy bird///

Shinobi

Jogging around the block
My birds usually sleep according to sunrise and sunset and the length of day time and night time varies. I think your budgie gets grumpy because he is having his sleep disturbed. Ask yourself do you like being woken up too soon?

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
What exactly is happening to describe him as "grumpy" Any time there is a significant change in a bird's behavior its a good idea to have them examined by an avian vet.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Why do you have to move him at 7:00? My birds get mad if I'm late for putting them to bed. They sleep from 7:00-8:00.

Aramzzzz

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
:thanks:In the daytime we keep his cage in a well exercised route in our house so he sees humans throughout the day, however it does get cold in that same spot so i move his cage to a warmer room at night.... i guess i should make it happen earlier so i avoid upsetting him... @Tiel Feathers You're right! Thanks!