• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Broken toe?

Tinkgrrrbell

Moving in
Just noticed my little green cheek Pookie appears to have a broken toe? A toe on his left foot is curved at the tip and also hangs down funny when he’s standing on bars of his cage door: F913745D-C84F-4B82-8910-88B018B40516.jpeg DEFE34EA-0A41-41D7-8212-EACA05761B36.jpeg Has to have happened recently, because I didn’t notice it like this yesterday. Can anything be done for something like this? He’s still active as normal and not acting in pain, but I haven’t tried touching the bent toe at all. My poor baby :(

Tinkgrrrbell

Moving in
Pookie just returned from the vet. The toe was dislocated, but has already started to set. Doesn’t seem to be causing him any pain, and the vet says the worst of it is he’ll just “be embarrassed of his crooked little toe.” Thank god. He also asked what we’re feeding him and says he’s the healthiest looking bird he’s seen in his office for some time, especially for 5 years old. GO POOKIE!!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I'm glad he's okay. :)

Familyof12

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Liz
I'm so happy he's okay! My parrotlet came missing a front toe (vet said probably an old injury) when I purchased Carmen. She is very sensitive about her toe and she doesn't allow anyone but me to touch it. I can't tell that she does anything different (other than she's getting better at flying - yay!). Anyway even with that toe crooked she's beautiful and healthy. Thank goodness!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Great that he is OK even though he now has a crooked toe.