• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

NEW PRODUCT Bring Your 'A' Game

Nikomania

Rollerblading along the road
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
We have a brand new freeze dried product which pays homage to vitamin 'A'-rich organic vegetables: Bring Your 'A' Game!
Simply sprinkle these powdery flakes onto your bird's favorite fresh fruits and vegetables, and watch them adhere to your bird's food, making it extremely challenging for him to pick off. This is a great product created to help you sneak some incredibly power-packed nutrients into your bird's diet!

Bring Your 'A' Game sprinkles includes these 8 Vitamin 'A'-rich organic plants:

• acorn squash
  • rainbow carrots
  • sweet potato
  • red bell pepper
  • collard greens
  • red kale
  • red chard
  • spinach
Available in 1 ounce packaging, which is approximately 1.25 cups of freeze dried flakes.
Please visit our website for more information: Bodacious Birdie Bites

Attachments

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
We have a brand new freeze dried product which pays homage to vitamin 'A'-rich organic vegetables: Bring Your 'A' Game!
Simply sprinkle these powdery flakes onto your bird's favorite fresh fruits and vegetables, and watch them adhere to your bird's food, making it extremely challenging for him to pick off. This is a great product created to help you sneak some incredibly power-packed nutrients into your bird's diet!

Bring Your 'A' Game sprinkles includes these 8 Vitamin 'A'-rich organic plants:

• acorn squash
  • rainbow carrots
  • sweet potato
  • red bell pepper
  • collard greens
  • red kale
  • red chard
  • spinach
Available in 1 ounce packaging, which is approximately 1.25 cups of freeze dried flakes.
Please visit our website for more information: Bodacious Birdie Bites
Do you need to rehydrate it? Bella will not eat rehyrated veggies. I have to buy a goldenfeast blend with dehydrated veggies. She will eat a dehydrated carrot but will not go anywhere near a normal carrot.

Nikomania

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
The sprinkles will rehydrate when they come into contact with anything moist. What I do with my mostly picky flock is sprinkle some onto banana pieces or sweet potatoes, and then gently press the flakes into the food.

With other freeze dried foods you can either rehydrate or give it to your birds in its freeze dried state. Mine actually prefer the crunchiness of freeze dried veggies.

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
The sprinkles will rehydrate when they come into contact with anything moist. What I do with my mostly picky flock is sprinkle some onto banana pieces or sweet potatoes, and then gently press the flakes into the food.

With other freeze dried foods you can either rehydrate or give it to your birds in its freeze dried state. Mine actually prefer the crunchiness of freeze dried veggies.
I am sorry. It has been a long day and night and I am working on very little sleep. Can your freeze dried sprinkles be eaten in the freeze dried state?

AkasyaEllric

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Morgan
Ooo, I'm going to have to get some in my next order. Ollie can be stubborn as heck.

Nikomania

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I am sorry. It has been a long day and night and I am working on very little sleep. Can your freeze dried sprinkles be eaten in the freeze dried state?
They are ready to eat freeze dried. However this blend is a mixture of powder and tiny flakes, which would make it difficult to eat as-is. Our chop blend is great served freeze dried.

Nikomania

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Ooo, I'm going to have to get some in my next order. Ollie can be stubborn as heck.
Great!
Has your order arrived yet? :) Would love to hear how your babies like everything!

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
This is a great
idea! I think I will get some and sprinkle it on my birds sprouts/chop mix. They like their food very dry, but a tad of water usually makes the chop stick to the sprouts, so this will be a wonderful addition!

Nikomania

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
@Tiel Feathers I would absolutely love to have your babies try out my new products!:)

I'm really loving these sprinkles for my own flock. My caique came to us as a seed junkie, and I've never been able to break his seed eating habit. The only thing fresh he'll eat are grapes. Now I dip his sliced grape into the sprinkles, and voila! He's secretly eating some fresh veggies!

@Princessbella the rehydrating process for dehydration vs freeze dried products yield different results in the taste and texture departments. Rehydrated freeze dried foods will revert back to its original shape, texture, with a bolder taste – just like it was the day it was freeze-dried. Even the original food's color reverts back after rehydrating. What I have found with my birds is that most really like noshing down on the crunchy veggies. I also have a few birds that only like their goodies slightly rehydrated, which you can do by controlling the amount of liquid added and the length of time the food is allowed contact with the liquids.

The other thing I really like about freeze dried foods is that after all the water has been removed from the food, its flavor becomes bolder; richer.

Last edited:

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
I love this! Great power foods in there. I am sure my dogs would love this minus the bell pepper LOL

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
@Nikomania

The slightly rehydration... is that done by steaming or adding less h2o or steaming.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
How does it taste to you? Sounds good for humans too!

Nikomania

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
@Nikomania

The slightly rehydration... is that done by steaming or adding less h2o or steaming.

Add tiny amounts of liquid until it reaches the desired consistency. You can also wrap a serving inside a moistened paper towel for 10-15 minutes and the food will revert back to it's pre-freeze dried state.
Freeze dried foods do not need to be cooked or steamed before serving.

Nikomania

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
How does it taste to you? Sounds good for humans too!
It is 100% human grade food. However, in order to market it for human consumption, many certification hoops must be jumped through first.

Nikomania

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I should make an addendum to the cooking of freeze dried: freeze dried foods do not need to be cooked or steamed unless so stated on its packaging.:)