• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Breeding Crimson Bellied Conures

Small farm

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Braydon
Looking at getting a pair of crimson bellies conures. Are they easy to breed? Productive? Good parents? Clutch size? Cage size? Nestbox size/type? Any info greatly appreciated!
:cbc::cbc:

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Have you ever raised any birds? I had one pair and was successful with them. They didn't produce any babies for me until they were four years old. Clutch of four eggs... all fertile. As big as cage as you can afford for them. I have photos somewhere of my nest boxes when I cleaned them up and sold the boxes. I don't recall the dimensions but could probably guess. Of course you know.... you can't count your chicks until they hatch. And... you have to be prepared to take care of them from day one if the parents prove to be unfit or unwilling to raise their own young. I might also mention... you should know the lineage on these crimsons you are interested in. They could be closely related as not many were brought into the US ( sixteen birds to be exact) in 1998 to a breeding consortium.

Crimson babies.JPG