• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

breakfast du jour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparkles

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Iskra
for the birdies:

quinoa, millet, peas, carrots, red lentils, tomato and a jalaperno peper with a bit of cinnamon

for me:

cantaloupe!! One of the many perks of living in a country that has one half of it in the mediterranean- you can buy such lovely and fresh produce when they're in season and my house smells of cantaloups now :cool1:

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
Mmmm that cantaloupe looks amazing!! It is practically impossible to get good cantaloupe in the states, and it's one of my favorite foods! Such a bummer. It's either mushy, hard or has a weird chemical taste.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
looks so yummy!!!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
It looks amazing!

Matt

Lokums

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Mike
Your first picture of the quinoa, carrots, etc... Do you store that at all? I am curious how long that would last in the fridge.

Mike

Pumpkin

Real Name
Tracy
Yummy! I ate cantaloupe last night. Even shared with the birds. lol

Sparkles

Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Iskra
Your first picture of the quinoa, carrots, etc... Do you store that at all? I am curious how long that would last in the fridge.

Mike
yes, I do. This time I made a small quantity cos I never gave cinnamon to my birds. I usually store it for a few days in the fridge.

Lokums

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Mike

yes, I do. This time I made a small quantity cos I never gave cinnamon to my birds. I usually store it for a few days in the fridge.
Excellent. Gonna hit the store this weekend. My B&G doesn't eat his veggies, I am always on the lookout for ways to "spice it up" so to speak.

Anyone in the states wants good cantaloupe head to Illinois/Indiana/Kentucky/Iowa. The produce in general from the heartland totally rocks. I am in Colorado now and totally miss it.

Status
Not open for further replies.