• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bread/Pancake recipes for a very very picky bird?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlassOnion

Biking along the boulevard
My birds used to eat the birdie pancakes (packed with nutritious items) I make for them, but recently they started rejecting these and instead starve until I bring over the seeds..

Does anyone have fairly easy recipes that have worked with their picky birds? :)

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
the recipe in my signature I have had good luck with Percy a picky eater butternut squash is no longer in season so I am using sweet potatoes and carrots for that veggie they are not taking the carrots very well

Chantilly Lace

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Chantel
I do all sorts of things, never really a recipe though! I make these birdie balls- with some whole grain cereal, crushed, a few eggs, peanut or other nut butter, honey, and left over seed, pellets, raisins, etc. Mix all together, and then roll into nutriberry sized balls. Then microwave for a few minutes or bake at 350 for about 10-15 minutes. Very easy and they love them!

This site has a ton of great recipes, I use it for ideas and just kind of tweak them to what I have available!

Flying Gems Aviary - Bird Recipes

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.