• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Branches

Clairecanary15

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Claire
I have had a very good morning. I tidied out the bird room and aviary. I stripped out the old twiggy branches and replaced them. Some of my birds are relatively new. They hadnt seen proper tree branches before. The branches are from my bramley apple tree which puts on a lot of growth each year.
The cherry on the cake for me was when Sugar my blue decided to get comfortable on a branch swing I hadnt even attached. I moved the branch closer..closer and had a full face cuddle with him..nose in his soft feathers. .it tickled. .made my week. He just sat there ..so laid back. 20180926_111130.jpg 20180926_111525.jpg 20180926_111140.jpg 20180926_120056.jpg 20180926_120113.jpg 20180926_125635.jpg 20180926_125523.jpg 20180926_125534.jpg 20180926_125549.jpg 20180926_125730.jpg

Dona

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Lucky birdies. What a beautiful set up! I just love canaries. I had 2 borders at different times for many years and they sure brightened up our home with all their songs. They are in the background of all our family party videos. :)

Clairecanary15

Real Name
Claire
Lucky birdies. What a beautiful set up! I just love canaries. I had 2 borders at different times for many years and they sure brightened up our home with all their songs. They are in the background of all our family party videos. :)
Thank you. Luckily my husband is as enthusiastic as me. I design and he builds when he isnt at work.
I love to hear their singing in the background too and like you they are also on film. Ive heard borders are brilliant singers..lovely.

Clairecanary15

Real Name
Claire
That is a birdie heaven. You are so fortunate to have safe wood trees so available to you.
Yes I am. I did research first to be sure. There is quite a safe choice here in my garden and out and about. I replace the branches every 3 months. Think I need an apple tree especially for the branches lol.
My canaries are going around each branch and leaf today..it keeps them engaged and active.

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
That is awesome! They must love the fresh forage:heart: What an amazing experience you had with that canary! Lovely when they show their trust, and there is nothing like the feeling of feathers against skin:heart:

Fergus Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
That is so neat that he let you cuddle and be so close! Ultimate trust. I so wish I had some of those branches. :heart:

Clairecanary15

Real Name
Claire
That is awesome! They must love the fresh forage:heart: What an amazing experience you had with that canary! Lovely when they show their trust, and there is nothing like the feeling of feathers against skin:heart:
Your right the feeling of his soft feathers is still with me. Sugar is lovely and very cheeky too especially at breakfast time. While Im trying to change the newspaper on the shelf where their seed etc is, Sugar is determined to not move off the shelf so I stroke him. I dont go out to tame them. They are wild as wild can be in an aviary. I feel privileged to have my birds and my Sugar cuddle.

Clairecanary15

Real Name
Claire
That is so neat that he let you cuddle and be so close! Ultimate trust. I so wish I had some of those branches. :heart:
Id give you some branches if you was a bit closer. Id recommend natural branches to anyone. Its great to see them acting like 'birds' so natural and I see a another side to them too.

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
A true privilige I think, it is remarkable they choose to be like that:heart: Any chance for a picture of Sugar? He sounds like a remarkable fellow:heart:

Clairecanary15

Real Name
Claire
A true privilige I think, it is remarkable they choose to be like that:heart: Any chance for a picture of Sugar? He sounds like a remarkable fellow:heart:
He certainly is. I got him last year. He is 5 years old and very handsome too.

The 1st photo is the look I get every morning lol..look at the stretched neck and long legs. He tries every which way to get past me to the big seed tub.
IMG_1999.JPG IMG_1832.JPG IMG_0629.JPG

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Op that first pic! That is beyond precious, he is so curious:heart: He is so handsome:wideyed: I love his ‘stripes’:heart:

Clairecanary15

Real Name
Claire
Op that first pic! That is beyond precious, he is so curious:heart: He is so handsome:wideyed: I love his ‘stripes’:heart:
Sugar is a heavily variegated. He also has a son who I kept. Sugars son is named Charlie. Charlie has a smaller frame like his mum Angel but very similar in colour to his dad. Charlie is kept in the house at the moment. .didnt want any mishaps with the breeding. One day Charlie will be in the aviary. Charlie is also laid back like his dad. Ive attached acouple of Charlie photos.

IMG_3000cut2.jpg IMG-20180916-WA0002-1.jpg

Serin

Great set up.

Sugar is actually not variegated at all. He has no white marking. He is a very handsome blue.

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Sugar is a heavily variegated. He also has a son who I kept. Sugars son is named Charlie. Charlie has a smaller frame like his mum Angel but very similar in colour to his dad. Charlie is kept in the house at the moment. .didnt want any mishaps with the breeding. One day Charlie will be in the aviary. Charlie is also laid back like his dad. Ive attached acouple of Charlie photos.

View attachment 286569 View attachment 286570
So pretty just like his father! And hey what a great shirt you have on!:D Love it!

Clairecanary15

Real Name
Claire
Great set up.

Sugar is actually not variegated at all. He has no white marking. He is a very handsome blue.
Serin I have had enough. You do not know what your are talking about with this. I have researched and researched..not just books but true breeders who do know what they are talking about.

Sugar is heavily varigated
He does have white on his tail..so classed as a foul.
Sugar is not a Self Blue due to the white feathers.

If I was to show him, which I certainly wouldnt, then he would be shown as a HV white.

Please do not post on my posts. All you do is put doubt in my mind when I have learnt from the best here in the UK and like minded people on here at avian avenue. You are feeding others on my post wrong information.