• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Boyfriend

Marloz

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Last night my boyfriend came over to visit me. I let my male cockatiel out of his cage and instead of flying over to me he fly straight to my boyfriend who he has never meet. He started kisses and gently nip my boyfriend ears. Why did he do that?is that normal?

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Haha At least he's friendly! :shrug2: Could've gone worse. Some birds prefer men. Maybe he just looked like a fun new toy! :D

SquawksNibbles

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kiera
It seems that your boyfriend has a new buddy! :D

Perhaps he was just curious of this new person in his home. I agree with Karen, though, it's good your Tiel wasn't protective of you or aggressive towards your boyfriend, but instead he was very sweet! I think it's great that he's meeting new people and having positive reactions to them. It's good to socialize your birdies so they don't lash out on strangers. :)

Marloz

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
My boyfriend came over again and my male cockatiel sat on his shoulder but this time he bite my boyfriend’s finger when he was going to scratch his head, but my cockatiel only let me scratch his head. Why did he bite my boyfriend’s finger

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Could be lots of things. Boyfriend moved too fast, came in at a wrong angle, the bird didn;t want petted right then. Do you have a special word to let him know you want to pet. Him? We say “scritches” and curve an index finger to show what we want.

blewin

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ben
Buddy will randomly go on attack mode during scritches. Sometimes, she'll even ask for scritches, then immediately go on the attack. Sometimes I think it just becomes a game of sorts.

Marloz

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Could be lots of things. Boyfriend moved too fast, came in at a wrong angle, the bird didn;t want petted right then. Do you have a special word to let him know you want to pet. Him? We say “scritches” and curve an index finger to show what we want.
My bird knows the word “scratchy” and he will put his head down but sometimes he put his head down asking for scratches