• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bowser hates that I have a cold

MiniMacaw

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lisa
So this past week has been really tough for me. Between my dog having a huge life saving surgery (he's recovering now), my husband being attacked with a knife at work (some of you know he's a police officer...And he's OK but watching the video was horrifying for me) and closing my Dad's estate finally I'm having a rough go lol. Well I have a cold today and my voice sounds like Darth Vader has a cold lol. I let poor Bowser out like normal this morning and said "good morning beautiful" like I always do...Only in darth vador voice. And he was not pleased lol. He hissed at me and backed up and refuses to eat his mash next to me like he always does in the mornings. So now I'm just keeping it to soft humming and whispers, which he likes. Poor guy looked so scared of me when I talked. He's finally forgiven me after I gave him a long shower and scritches after as he dried lol.
Fred on the other hand is not affected whatsoever and still ate his oatmeal breakfast with me like normal, while asking for more lol. :)

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
That really sounds like an awful week. I hope next week is better and that you soon is well again.
:hug4::hug4::hug4::hug4::hug4::hug4::hug4:
I let poor Bowser out like normal this morning and said "good morning beautiful" like I always do...Only in darth vador voice. And he was not pleased lol. He hissed at me and backed up and refuses to eat his mash next to me like he always does in the mornings.
Sorry, but I can't help myself laughing at this. :D :lol:

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
:bighug:

I am sorry that this past week was so rough.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Seems that Bowser isn't completely over his beginnings - he will get there.

Yeah, I know what you mean about your husband. My son was Phx. PD for several years and was stationed in the Maryvale district. Scary every day.

Hope you get over your cold soon.

MiniMacaw

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lisa
Seems that Bowser isn't completely over his beginnings - he will get there.

Yeah, I know what you mean about your husband. My son was Phx. PD for several years and was stationed in the Maryvale district. Scary every day.

Hope you get over your cold soon.
He calmed down right away after I stopped the "scary voice" and just gave him scritches. Anything new is still very frightening for him. He's getting there though. He does still hate anything loud or fast moving. But a soft hum from me gets him to calm down almost instantly followed by scritches. :) I know it'll be a long road to getting him confident enough to take things in stride but he's so brave he'll do it one day. :)

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
You were the perfect human to get Bowser. Kindness and patience are very strong in your character.

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
I get major stink eye from my 2 when I sneeze, and I sneeze loud. hope the weeks to come are better.

greys4u

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
:sad7: :bighug: