• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bowser has been holding out!

MiniMacaw

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lisa
So Bowser has mumbled of course and sometimes I'd "think" I heard something resembling a hello or a "bow bow" (my nickname for him) but it was never very clear. Then TODAY while I'm rubbing his head he suddenly looks up, wiggles his little feather butt and says very clearly alllll of the following in a row:

"Hi Bowser"
"Hi Beautiful"
"Beautiful Bow Bow"
"Good Boy Handsome"
"Smart Bowser"
"Good Boy Beautiful"
"Nice Bow Bow"
"Good Boy"
"Bowser go Shower"

And so what else could I do but take him to his shower lol. :p He so surprised me! For a bird who had never said a word he sure had a vocabulary stored up. He looked so pleased with himself too. He was all happy butt wiggles and sounds. He's so often somber that anytime he's playful is so great to see. And it's more and more now. :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

Last edited:

WallyLoopey

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kate
That's awesome! They do tend to blurt things out when we least expect it, don't they? It just shows you how much they are taking in :)

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Awesome

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Wow, that's awesome! :)

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Bowser is such a special little guy. He must have done a lot of closet practice to memorize all of those words.

How old is Bow Bow now? Thank you again for taking him in.

MiniMacaw

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lisa
Bowser is such a special little guy. He must have done a lot of closet practice to memorize all of those words.

How old is Bow Bow now? Thank you again for taking him in.
Bowser will be one on June 6th if I believe the "breeder."
He is so special and he's finally realizing it lol. I don't know when he could have practiced all that much because he is literally out with me all day. I only put him in his cage at bedtime (and he even goes in himself because I top his food with warm mash and bread and he loves it) and if company comes over. I rarely have people over and I only put him up when he gets scared and asks to be moved by reaching out to me with his little foot. He just amazed me that he soaked so much in. And he looked like he felt so proud of his accomplishment lol...Just a happy guy.

Big Blues

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
:heart:Just adorable, Bowser just realized he needs to agree with you that he is all of those things he has heard about himshelf!

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
saysvery clearly alllll of the following in a row:
"Hi Bowser"
"Hi Beautiful"
"Beautiful Bow Bow"
"Good Boy Handsome"
"Smart Bowser"
"Good Boy Beautiful"
"Nice Bow Bow"
"Good Boy"
"Bowser go Shower"
:faint:

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
Wow that is a lot words for a first time speech. Bebe popped Good Morning about a month ago. I about fell to the floor. they can surprise you.

EvaBird

Strolling the yard
I love it! Eva is a closet talker. We heard her while we were in Calgary and taped the odd comment throuh the birdie cam but since we moved and she is in the livingroom shd is VERY quiet. Your post gives me hope that she will come round!

SeverelySweet

Sprinting down the street
I get a "hello" first thing in the morning when I uncover Syd's cage...and whenever he sees me eating sonething, as if to remind me he's there. Thw hellos start off low key, and get prigressively louder and more rapid if i fail to acknowledhe him...as if to say how dare I nourish myself without giving him some first for his approval! Other than that....I'm holding out hope that something else will pop out soon. I did catch him once, practicing barking like that little Spaz of a dog that lives next door, but nothing since.

His eardrum piercing screams shall not be considered speaking for this purpose...lol

MiniMacaw

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lisa
I get a "hello" first thing in the morning when I uncover Syd's cage...and whenever he sees me eating sonething, as if to remind me he's there. Thw hellos start off low key, and get prigressively louder and more rapid if i fail to acknowledhe him...as if to say how dare I nourish myself without giving him some first for his approval! Other than that....I'm holding out hope that something else will pop out soon. I did catch him once, practicing barking like that little klutz of a dog that lives next door, but nothing since.

His eardrum piercing screams shall not be considered speaking for this purpose...lol
Lol Bowser has since said some more things like "Ember stop!" (That's my daughter's name lol) However, Fred hasn't said anything new word wise in months. His last new phrase was "food for fred" which is said...Loudly...Anytime anyone is eating near him and he wants a nibble lol. He definitely trained us to feed him treats lol. But other than that he's not a big talker yet either. And I know just the ear piercing scream you're talking about lol.